Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM beta status?

Ninjas,
    I'd like to consider FXCM as a broker but I really don't want to waste much time with an early stage beta test. Could you explain what the beta testing process is with FXCM?

I mean are "we", the end-users, the beta test? That is, if an NT user complains about a problem w/FXCM you guys look into it? Is that the process? Or, is there a proactive beta testing process? I.e., are there one or more people at both NT and FXCM dedicated to getting this to work? Please explain.

bluelou,

Open beta-testing phase means we have thoroughly tested on our end and determined that the connection is working in a stable and correct fashion up to the standards we have for live trading, however we have opened it up for testing by our customers in case there was anything minor we have missed.

We would have our software developers here at NinjaTrader as well as our team that does software QA working on any reported issues, and resolving any we can confirm. You can report issues to support at ninjatrader dot com and it will get routed to the correct people.

If you would like more information on beta testing, I would suggest emailing us about it and we'll get back to you with details. Unfortunately there is no public information I have yet on how much longer is left on that process.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Adam,
      Should I email you @support? I'm very interested in looking at FXCM via NT. Of course, I'm not interested in being an infinite loop of beta testing.

~Lou

Comment

bluelou,

Unfortunately I am not handling the beta-testing part, but you would probably have someone get back to you with additional details on Monday morning when everyone is back in the office.

support @ ninjatrader dot com
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_AdamP; 07-07-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Okay, thx for the info. I'll follow up on Monday.

Comment

bluelou,

Sure, whenever is convenient for you.

I was part of the initial testing for FXCM and it was working great at the time, but I am not authorized to sign anyone up for the open beta essentially.

They should get back to you on Monday even if you email over the weekend.

Comment

i am part of the 60 day beta test and could not get a connection established and called the FXCM beta test support guy (yes, they do have a dedicated teckie) and he got me done in no time. It is not intuitive and doubt that anyone -- without help -- could do this. As we all know, Ninja does not have phone support, so it could be that you would spend a couple of weeks getting this up and running through their usual email support.

I suggest you call FXCM to initiate and they will give you the links to NT.

BTW, everything is wokring wonderfully and I can initiate trades through NT or through my Trading Station FXCM software -- which is a bit easier.

Comment

Our typical response time is 15 minutes during regular business hours, and we are always happy to call if requested.

Regular hours are 8:30 AM EST to 6:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday.

Comment

usually the case; however, i recently had a situation that took 37 exchanges of emails over a 3 week period to resolve....my experience was that the phone support at FXCM was very quick and satisfactory and got the job done.

Comment

Hello ,

I would like to switch to FXCM ( I have a live NT7 licence and a FXCM practice account ) .
                    Is it possible actually during the beta test phase ?

Regards
                    Last edited by ggeib750; 07-17-2012, 03:22 AM.

Comment

ggeib,

Please contact support at ninjatrader dot com and mention that you want to be part of the FXCM beta. We'll get you all set up there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes