Interactive Brokers Gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers Gateway

Normally Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation requires restarts once every 24 hours. In order to avoid restarts for API users, they have introduced IB Gateway since end last year.

MultiCharts added support for it long long time ago.

Is NinjaTrader likely to add support for this soon? I have emailed few times, but the support team did not have much idea.

Hello SmartPips,
    Unfortunately IB Gateway is not officially supported with NinjaTrader 7 however some of our clients has successfully connected NinjaTrader with IB Gateway and you can refer to this YouTube video to know more.
    This video show how to connect NinjaTrader with Interactive Brokers Gateway, something which is not supposed to be possible.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB Gateway

I know about connecting that way. But the problem is NinjaTrader every now and then stops working and looks for javaw.exe process and will start up the "IB Trader Workstation" with login/password window.

From my programming experience with IB, it is same as the old way.

It should take little effort for NinjaTrader to add the support. Can you please either add the support or give me the .dll interface, I will modify and test and return back to you? I am experienced C# programmer.

Comment

Hello,

I will forward your suggestion that we add support for this connection method on to our development staff for further consideration.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Joydeep View Post
          Hello SmartPips,
          Unfortunately IB Gateway is not officially supported with NinjaTrader 7 however some of our clients has successfully connected NinjaTrader with IB Gateway and you can refer to this YouTube video to know more.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrRY...ature=youtu.be
          whether the method shown at the above video is feasible for using NT7 with IB gateway?

I followed the instructions in http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...nnection-Guide. but everytime NT tried to start TWS even if I had opened IB Gateway.

could anybody share some experiences on this to use latest NT7 plus IB gateway?

Comment

Hello snowbig,
            Unfortunately we only support standalone TWS for IB-NinjaTrader connection at this point of time. I will leave this thread open for inputs from community/forum members who has successfully connected with IB Gateway.

Comment

Are there any plans to support the IB Gateway in the (near) future? API-wise it looks pretty much like the sames thing...

Comment

Hello bibulous,
                IB Gateway is still officially unsupported at this point though you can refer to this YouTube video which shows how to connect NinjaTrader and IB Gateway.
                This video show how to connect NinjaTrader with Interactive Brokers Gateway, something which is not supposed to be possible.

I will however send your feature request to development for future consideration.

Comment

you can write a little java app that fakes the TWS dialogs but does nothing. Then NT will connect to a previously opened IB Gateway instead.
                  Have done it a while ago, but not worthwhile pursuing further.

Best regards
                  Andreas

Start trading with Exness, a leading platform offering low spreads, advanced tools & a wide range of assets. Open your account today!

Comment

Do you have the sample code to fake? What does it do / look for?

Comment

Is this thread still alive?

Whats the latest on IB Gateway and Ninja Trader?

If there is no official upgrade, what's about the hack? Anyone had any joy yet?

Comment

Hello nkung,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

The IB Gateway API is still not officially supported. The supported way would be to use the TWS Standalone application version 927.7 to connect to NinjaTrader. The following link will contain instructions and a link to download the standalone version of Interactive Brokers TWS 927.7.

Our development team is still considering this for future releases of NinjaTrader, and will make sure that they know of this response.

Happy to be of further assistance.
                        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i agree with all the people... me too i'm waiting the NT upgrade to use IB Gateway... it is a mess to retart every day TWS because some strategies are running 24h/24

waiting...

Comment

Hello Thomas79,

Thanks for your feedback.
                            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninjatrader support

IB Gateway solves many problems that most traders that use IB Gateway, ie. fully automate etc. when trading via Interactive Brokers.

It is not good that Ninjatrader still has not started looking at it - even though IB Gateway came out over 3 years ago and I logged this with NinjaTrader several times over the last 2 years.

For me I have stopped using Ninjatrader until they fix this issue then I will relook at Ninjatrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes