installing a (.cs) file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing a (.cs) file

what is the proper way to install an indicator that does not have a zipped package, it is only the (.cs) file?

thanks.

bruce

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your post.

Although it is preferred that you have the original .zip file, you can import .cs files through the following instructions.

Please navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator and copy the .CS File in this directory.

Next, you will need to compile the indicator and check for errors.

Please follow the instructions to compile the indicator. Note that you will not see your new indicator listed until after you compile your indicators.
    You will first need to select an existing indicator and compile these from there. This is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

Open NinjaTrader
    From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    Select an indicator and double click on it.
    A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    If no errors appear, the import should be complete.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

many thanks...it worked perfectly!

Comment

On My Ninja there is no "Open NinjaTrader
        From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator"

Instrument manager
        Historical Data
        Session
        Hot key
        are only managers on my ninja.
        i have the free version of ninja.
        dont know that i have the capability to edit ninja with this version ?

Comment

Hello lightfoot500,

Thank you for your post.

The Direct Edition License Key would not have access to this feature. Please contact us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for further instructions. Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H - 676776' in the subject line.

Comment

Follow up question regarding errors while compiling

"...A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
            If no errors appear, the import should be complete."

Following the tips in this thread to learn how to compile I did end up with error messages. Attached are the screen shots of the errors and the custom files that I suspect they are associated with. Can you tell me what to do here?

Thank you
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello dougn,

Thank you for your post.

Please provide a screenshot with the 'Description' field expanded further. Or you can contact us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to schedule a remote session to look into this on your PC.

Comment

hello,
                i need to add an indicator but in Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ i dont find indicator folder to copy the Cs file.

thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello mimida,

Thanks for your note.

To clarify, you opened a File Explorer window, navigated to the Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/Custom folder, and do not see a folder named 'Indicator'. Is this correct?

If so, please send us a screenshot showing the available folders when navigating to the Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/Custom folder in a File Explorer window.
                  • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
                  • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                  I look forward to further assisting.
                  Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello,
                    thank you for your response.
                    i found the folder indicator, i copied the .cs file but it still doesn’t work.
                    when i compile the file, some errors show up.

Comment

Hello mimida,

Thanks for your note.

It is likely that compile errors will appear when manually importing a .CS file instead of importing the original indicator .ZIP file by going to Tools > Import > NinjaScript AddOn. This is often due to necessary references not being included with the .CS file that would otherwise be included in the original .ZIP file when the indicator is exported.

After adding the indicator .CS file to the Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/Custom/Indicators folder, you may need to resolve any compile errors that may occur.

If you need assistance in resolving those compile errors, please send us a screenshot of the errors in question so we may accurately assist.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

this is the screenshot of the error.

thank you

Comment

if i select tools ->import -> ninjascript add on i get this error

Comment

Hello mimida,

Thanks for your note.

You cannot import any NinjaScript AddOns if you have compile errors currently on your platform. The compile errors would need to be resolved before importing any NinjaScript AddOns.

If you have the original .ZIP file for the indicator you are wanting to import, you could remove the indicator from the Indicators folder in the NinjaScript Editor window by opening a New > NinjaScript Editor window, open the Indicators folder, right-clicking on the indicator file, and click 'Remove'. Then you would need to recompile to check for errors. If no errors are found then import the original .ZIP file by going to Tools > Import > NinjaScript AddOn.

Otherwise, if you do not have the original .ZIP file for the indicator, you would not be able to import the indicator from the Tools > Import > NinjaScript AddOn window. Instead, the compile errors would need to be resolved.

Please send us a screenshot of the compile error so that the full error message is able to be seen in the screenshot so we may accurately assist.

See this video demonstrating how to expand the Error section of the compile error: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...Nl8xNzUzNDEyMA

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DJ888
                            by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM