Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFG disappeared from the list of brokers

Hi support,

I was using a PFG demo account. Tonight when I opened my NT 7, the broker disappeared, and I don't see my already set-up connection, and when I attempted to create a new demo account connection, broker PFG was not present in the list of supported Providers.

Please, advise!

Also, I have created a new demo with PFG, but because the PFG is not present in the combo of "Providers" I don't see a way to register my nwe demo.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chris.katz View Post
      Also, I have created a new demo with PFG, but because the PFG is not present in the combo of "Providers" I don't see a way to register my nwe demo.

Thanks.
      I have the same problem here.

Comment

Hello,
        Unfortunately, we have recently learned that all accounts at PFG are in Liquidation Mode only, as stated in the following PFG release.

“Due to a recent emergency involving Russell R. Wasendorf, Sr., a suicide attempt, some accounting irregularities are being investigated regarding company accounts. PFGBEST is wholly owned by Mr. Wasendorf. Therefore, the NFA and other officials have put all funds on hold, and PFGBEST is in liquidation-only status with our clearing FCM. What this means is no customers are able to trade except to liquidate positions. Until further notice, PFGBEST is not authorized to release any funds. We will update you as any new procedures are stipulated and with any further information as it becomes available.”

Thank you for your understanding and please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Joydeep,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. It feels better to know the problem is not purely technical within NT itself.

What would be a recommend another NT supported broker? I am personally looking for a forex broker.

Best Regards,

Comment

Hi Chris,

With NinjaTrader there are a few other supported forex brokers that you can trade forex live with, and they are:
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Ryan!

I will check the other brokers. much appreciated!

Best Regards,

Comment

Hi ,

For GAIN/Forex.com broker , I I do not understand this statement #3 described in the link below :

Regards

Comment

Hi ggeib750,

If you currently have a Live Edition License for use for live trading with NinjaTrader then please let us know at sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we can convert your license to work with a new forex broker.

If, however, you would like to trade live with GAIN then you can purchase a Live Edition License for the ability to place trades direct to the account. Otherwise, you can trade in simulation with NinjaTrader and GAIN with the Free Edition License.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
                  The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you a choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
                  • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
                  • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
                  • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month

Learn more about our purchase options!
                  Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear, i wanted, with demo loggin password received 2days ago, be logged to Ninjatrader, but problem : evne if the API is the last good one, even if i have only 1 API installed, the provider PFG doesn't apperas in the list on my Ninja 7 ?
                    Do you have solution ? I am not able to make a new connection .

Hum, i read the post from others guys yesterday. Is it the same reason ? Nothing to do anymore with data's real time ? (i mean, i had just realtime data's in demo , i started on monday, but yesterday, nothing (my Ninja didn't show my PFG connection).

Even if i was only demo customer for PFG (data'sonly) do you think it's the same reason it was closed ?

Comment

Hi,

I also noticed that my PFG connection disappeared.

I was aware of PFG's problems, but my question is how was the PFG account deleted or disabled?

Is this something NT internals is able to do, or did NT (or PFG) staff somehow set this up?

Either way I am sure most users would not know that it was possible to do this (and could possibly find the fact that it could happen alarming).

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

PFG is in liquidation mode for live accounts only. They are no longer servicing data for demo accounts and as such, we have removed PFG from all free license keys. Live license holders should still have access to this connection, so they may close any open positions. I wouldn't suspect this should be alarming, as PFG is not currently providing data service for demo accounts and a proper connection (data feed) is no longer possible with PFG. We would never disable a Live License Key without proper notification.

If you are a live license holder with a license enabled for PFG and are no longer seeing your PFG connection, please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your license key and reference to this thread and we will investigate further.

Comment

James,

Thank you for the reply.

I guess I wasnt aware that NT staff could remove a connection account remotely and would do so without any alert message or notification.

Thanks again.

Comment

i have had a good relationship with PFG over the years.... and their data was flawless (for me anyway) ...

my question .... i find myself in need of another broker ... and with PFG ... had to have a connection applett ....

when i change (considering global futures w/cqg data) ... will i need another applett to connect ??

also ... is cqg data as good as whatever PFG was using?? other recommendations??

thx

Comment

Optimus/Vision using Rithmic connection. Very stable.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo
                              by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes