IB trade still open in NT at take exit order hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB trade still open in NT at take exit order hit

I'm on an IB FA account, NT 7.0.1000.10 and IB 921.5. IB said to use this one per a phone call today.

When I enter a trade with an ATM strategy (or via any manner I think) and then an exit order is hit, NT still thinks the position is still open. It seems to properly show the orders getting executed. IB shows the position closed. If I disconnect IB and then reconnect, the position goes away.

Please help.

Rich

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

This is a limitation of NinjaTrader unfortunately. Basically IB doesnt support accessing multiple account position information at the same time so NT needs to round robin through accounts to access each ones position. However there is a chance in some scenario's where that round robin query of positions either takes some time to occur ( A minute or two) and the position update is slightly delayed or the update never completes and as such you are left with a position display until you manually reset it via logging out and back in again.

This is the primary reason why IB FA accounts are not supported at this time with NinjaTrader.

I have has some users have success with separate out the sub accounts into individual username's and passwords so that you have one login with one account and then using them independently.

Finally, due to this development is aware of the demand for this and has looked into making some changes in this area to smooth this out. Unfortunately these changes would take major changes to the adapter and as are reserved for when we release our next major release which is still sometime down the road and we do not have a release date for it at this time.

-Brett

Comment

Used to work

Brett,

Thanks for the reply. However, this used to work and I've done it every day .... for years.

NT may take the position that it's not supported, but when I demo'ed the software years back this worked and I then bought it. I got away from trading for a few months and upon recent updates and login I began having this trouble.

So, what happened? Was this supported in the past and not now? This seems very frustrating that IB/NT does not make it a priority to support the platform which launched NT.

I would imagine your suggestion of logging into a child account might work, but what a pain as it causes lots of other problems.

So do you know when this started to not work due to a version change and can I revert to an older version?

Rich

Comment

Hello,

Again, it may or may not work. The process does work the majority of the time but in some scenario's we have found that it can actually skip the update thus leaving a position actively displayed that may have been closed out.

It is on record with development and scheduled to be reviewed for our next major release. I do not have a release date at this time nor can I confirm any features.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes