Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

db initialization error

Ninjatrader crashed. When I restart it I get this error:

2012-07-12 16:37:29:319 Initializing database...
    2012-07-12 16:37:30:197 (Db) Db.Globals.get_ConnectionString: >Data Source="C:\Users\zabar\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf"; Max Database Size = 393<
    2012-07-12 16:37:33:799 in OnUnhandledApplicationException
    2012-07-12 16:37:34:445 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2012-07-12 16:37:34:445 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2012-07-12 16:37:34:445 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException.ToString()
    at System.Exception.ToString()
    at System.String.Concat(Object arg0, Object arg1)
    at NinjaTrader.Db.Globals.get_Engine()
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Globals.ApplicationStart()
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenterForm.Application_Idle (Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Sys tem.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponen t.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at NinjaTrader.NTMain.Main()

What can I do? Thanks!

Hello zabar,

This error indicates that your database size is too large, please rename your database with the following steps :

* Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    * Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
    * Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
    * Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    * Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost – ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our inbuild backup feature in NinjaTrader -http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did this and got..

2012-07-24 10:15:29:760 (Db) Db.Globals.get_ConnectionString: >Data Source="C:\Users\zabar\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf"<
      2012-07-24 10:24:40:410 in OnUnhandledApplicationException
      2012-07-24 10:24:40:413 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
      2012-07-24 10:24:40:413 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      2012-07-24 10:24:40:413 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException.ToString()
      at System.String.Concat(Object arg0, Object arg1)
      at NinjaTrader.Db.Globals.get_Engine()
      at NinjaTrader.Gui.Globals.ApplicationStart()
      at NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenterForm.Application_Idle (Object sender, EventArgs e)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Sys tem.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponen t.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager. System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoCompo nentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
      at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.Run MessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
      at NinjaTrader.NTMain.Main()

There is a new database in the directory now though, which is much smaller (NinjaTrader.sdf). Thanks.

Comment

Hello zabar,

Could you send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt" (Example: "log.20120724.txt')

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt" (Example: "trace.20120724.txt')

Please send them to Support[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com and inside the subject line put: ATTN: JC. In the body of the email reference this forum.

Happy to be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
        2 responses