• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on conncection loss handling

Hello,

All my strategies have set
    ConnectionLossHandling = ConnectionLossHandling.KeepRunning;

But when the conditions set on options (I attach screenshot) acomplish all strategies stop.

I'm doing something wrong? How to completely avoid stopping strategies on connection loss?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by guillembm; 07-13-2012, 02:30 AM.

Hi guillembm, sorry I don't follow you here - the screenshot does the handling is set to KeepRunning as well, so if connectivity is restored after an interruption the strategies should continue begin enabled / running, is this not what you see on your end?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No.

It happend me twice that after several short-recurring connection loss for some minutes all strategies stop.

This happens sometimes with IB

Comment

guillembm, can you please email us your logs with an approx. timestamp where this occurred via Help >> Mail to Support so we could review?

Comment

This won't be necessary.

I checked the log at the time strategies where disabled and I found this line:

/13/2012 7:49:41 AM|3|128|Strategy 'FOREX/74157ea36e7e4062914fbe9dc0fa067a' lost price connection more than 10 times in the past 5 minutes and will be disabled.
          7/13/2012 7:49:41 AM|1|128|Disabling NinjaScript strategy 'FOREX/74157ea36e7e4062914fbe9dc0fa067a'

Although Handling is set to KeepRunning, strategies have been disabled. Is this correct or it may be considered a bug?

To temporaly solve this I set impossible-to-reach settings on "Number of restart attempts" while I get a more elegant solution.

Comment

The strategies were kept running in your case, they were only disabled as your connection loss settings triggered here for the connection quality appeared to get worse.

The handling does not signify they won't be ever disabled, but just how the they react to a temporary connection loss experienced by the platform.

Comment

So, increasing "Number of restart attempts" to an unreachable value should be enough to solve this.

I know this can happen. This is why i have the IB connection as primary and kinetick as secondary backup connection.

Comment

That's correct guillembm. You can run higher #'s here to lessen the risk of seeing this happen.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rexsole, Today, 08:39 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rexsole
                by rexsole

Started by trilliantrader, Yesterday, 03:01 PM
                3 responses