Ninja chart with TT data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja chart with TT data

My Ninja platform is connected to Trading Technologies for real-time data from the market Eurex. I tried to save the daily chart in the workspace, but it disappears once you exit the platform. Can you give me some hint on how to fix it?

Hello bloomdido,

Does the chart not come up next time you open NinjaTrader?

Or does the chart come up but without any historical data?
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja chart and TT data feed

I recently downloaded the platform and now, waiting to understand it well, I'm using the demo version. I'm with and my Vision Financial data provider and TT for the Eurex market. The daily data disappear after you close the platform. It 's just a problem of the demo?

Comment

Hello bloomdido,

TT does not supply historical data in NinjaTrader.

However, you can save incoming chart data on your PC to be used as historical data.

To do this you will need to go to Tools > Options > Data tab, check the box 'Save chart data as historical' and press OK.

Below is a link to the Historical and Real Time Data section of our help guide. Please see the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider subsection for a list of our providers and what they support.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
          Hello bloomdido,

TT does not supply historical data in NinjaTrader.

However, you can save incoming chart data on your PC to be used as historical data.

To do this you will need to go to Tools > Options > Data tab, check the box 'Save chart data as historical' and press OK.

Below is a link to the Historical and Real Time Data section of our help guide. Please see the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider subsection for a list of our providers and what they support.
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm
          This morning (in Italy is 2.20 at night) just opens the market Eurex will use your setting. I'll let you know if it works. For now, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by bloomdido View Post
            This morning (in Italy is 2.20 at night) just opens the market Eurex will use your setting. I'll let you know if it works. For now, thank you.
            The settings you suggested work; the fact remains that if you leave the platform when it returns the data is lost. How can you fix it?
            I forgot: despite losing data when I reconnected these are started by the closing time of the platform.
            Last edited by bloomdido; 07-16-2012, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Hello bloomdido,

You will need to connect to a supported data feed provider that supports historical data if you like to load data for times you were not connected and received real-time data.

Please note that we are not a data feed provider ourselves. You will need to connect to a supported connectivity provider to receive data in NinjaTrader. Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

The matrix lists 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Zen-Fire and CQG.

The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at a supported broker partner that uses the broker technology in question. They will provide data in NinjaTrader and will allow you to trade your account at your broker.

The 'data feeds only' will only provide data in NinjaTrader. You will need to have a subscription with one of these data providers to obtain login information, which you enter upon creating a connection.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Hello bloomdido,

You will need to connect to a supported data feed provider that supports historical data if you like to load data for times you were not connected and received real-time data.

Please note that we are not a data feed provider ourselves. You will need to connect to a supported connectivity provider to receive data in NinjaTrader. Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

The matrix lists 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Zen-Fire and CQG.

The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at a supported broker partner that uses the broker technology in question. They will provide data in NinjaTrader and will allow you to trade your account at your broker.

The 'data feeds only' will only provide data in NinjaTrader. You will need to have a subscription with one of these data providers to obtain login information, which you enter upon creating a connection.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
                Sure things are as you well said. But put yourself in my shoes. For years my broker gave me a platform, including data and not have to do is open it and place orders. Now the platform does not exist anymore (I avoid to mention his name, but you know who I mean) and my current broker gives me only daily data on the market where I trade. Anyway, thanks for your expertise and prompt replies.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hi Jason,

Do you know which are the brokerages that will waive that feed for CME Globex products?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Tronader,

Any live brokerage account where futures trading is supported could be used in the waiver.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info Kyle!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DynamicTest  
                      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM