DOM Functionality and Stop Order Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOM Functionality and Stop Order Freeze

First, is there any way to enter a stop order in the DOM without clicking the scroll button?

This is a real pain, due to the following steps that are required but totally meaningless:

1. Click scroll button
    2. Moving the mouse left to the checkbutton
    3. When clicking checkbutton, must be very careful not to scroll unintentionally, changing the order quantity.

- These are 3 actions, where 2 and 3 require a certain amount of precision. The stop order should simply be on the right-click button, without any confirmation, just like when entering a limit order. There is no need for a context menu inside the actual price scale of the DOM. Never seen any other trading DOM that has such awkward handling.

Then about the bug:
    Observed with Market Replay, I'm not sure if the same happens in SIM or LIVE. (Static DOM). Using a simple ATM Strategy with Stop and Target.
    1. Click scroll button to enter with stop order
    2. Before clicking check button, let price move through your order price.
    3. Order (and subsequent orders) will freeze, unable to be canceled. Left with no status.
    Last edited by bretddog; 07-15-2012, 11:11 PM.

Hello bretddog,

1) You can set up a order entry hot key to enter a stop order on the SuperDOM. To do this you will need to go to Tools > Hot Key Manager. Once in the Hot Key Manager window select Order entry, right click and select Add Custom Order. Set the order and click OK. Then go to Tools > Options > General tab, check the box for Use Order Entry Hot Keys and press OK.

2) You can disable the stop limit offset by setting it to zero in the SuperDOM Properties window. Please right click on the SuperDOM and select Properties. Then in the SuperDOM Properties window select Stop limit offset, set to 0 and press OK.

3) I am unable to reproduce this on my end. What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check by going to Help > About.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1) Well that defies much of the functionality of using ATM Strategies and the ability to adjust ticks etc, so not a good solution. I hope this stop entry feature can be changed, as it's so non-standard.

2) I don't have Stop Limit offset on, so don't think that applies to what I wrote.

3) I'm using latest 64 bit 7.0.1000.10. The bug looks similar to the issue described here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=47485
      - I remember this problem existed when I last tried NinjaTrader back in 2010, and I believe it occurs also on SIM, though I haven't tried to replicate that, as I don't want to mess up the database.
      Last edited by bretddog; 07-16-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Hello bretddog,

The stop limit offset is not a quantity check. The stop limit offset allows you to increase the price range that the stop limit order may be filled at. The value entered in the Properties window will become the stop limit offset value.

By having stop limit offset set to Off, you will have to set the stop limit offset when placing stop limit orders. By placing a value in this field you stop limit offset value will be preset.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com and include a link to this forum thread and your most current log and trace files.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"
        You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

Comment

Ah, I see, had to set "Middle mouse button is stop market" to True, plus the offset off, then it's better. Yet I just still have to say, for someone who trade exclusively with stop entry orders, just the fact of needing to use the scroll button, which is very uncomfortable, renders the DOM and hence NinjaTrader as a non-option for live trading.

Sent the log/trace files.

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
            Hello bretddog,

The stop limit offset is not a quantity check. The stop limit offset allows you to increase the price range that the stop limit order may be filled at. The value entered in the Properties window will become the stop limit offset value.

By having stop limit offset set to Off, you will have to set the stop limit offset when placing stop limit orders. By placing a value in this field you stop limit offset value will be preset.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com and include a link to this forum thread and your most current log and trace files.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"
            You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"
            I agree with bretddog. The Ninja stop order entry is very cumbersome. It would be great if we can assign a different mouse button for this.

Comment

Hello,

I will forward this suggestion along to our development team for consideration in a future release of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes