NinjaTrader 7 64-bit unable to connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 7 64-bit unable to connect

This morning when I start my NinjaTrader 7 64-bit, it gives me an error (see attached):

Unable to connect to database 'Data Source="C:\Users\Tony\Documents\NinjaTrader7\db\Ni njaTrader.sdf": .....

I don't have this problem yesterday. And I also don't have this problem when I start the 32-bit version.

Could you please help?
    Attached Files

this may or may not help you, but look at this recent post

Originally posted by kalim View Post
    This morning when I start my NinjaTrader 7 64-bit, it gives me an error (see attached):

Unable to connect to database 'Data Source="C:\Users\Tony\Documents\NinjaTrader7\db\Ni njaTrader.sdf": .....

I don't have this problem yesterday. And I also don't have this problem when I start the 32-bit version.

Could you please help?

Comment

Hello sledge,

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.

Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
      Add and remove software/programs
      Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
      Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
      Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
      Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
      SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
      SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
      Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
      Once installed you will need to restart your PC
      You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7
      If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please let me know so I further assist.
      Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks sledge and Chris. Manage to do it over the weekend. It works.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
          Hello sledge,

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.

Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
          Add and remove software/programs
          Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
          Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
          Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
          Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
          SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
          SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
          Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
          Once installed you will need to restart your PC
          You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7
          If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please let me know so I further assist.

Good day,

I gor the same error when I installed NT and IB on a new laptop. Is there a new SQL I need to download, or can I still use the one in this post?

Thank you in advance. Paul

Comment

Hello AgoErgoSum,
            Thank you for your post.
            The link and the instructions are still the supported methods that we recommend for resolving this error and for use with NinjaTrader.
            If I can be of any other assistance please let me know.
            Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cody,

I followed the instructions and installed the software, but when I start NT and connect (manually) to IB, I get the following error as displayed in the screenshot.

Any help is welcome. Paul
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                Please follow the instructions below,
                1. Locate javaw.exe located in the following directory:
                • C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin(Note your version may be different from jre1.8.0_25)

2. You are going to COPY the javaw.exe file to the 'clipboard' (right-click Javaw.exe and select copy)
                3. Now paste it into the following two directories:
                • C:\Windows\System32
                • C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Please let me know if TWS is unable to start or if NinjaTrader is unavble to connect.
                Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cody,

That fixed the problem!

Paul

Comment

TWS 944.3 does not work with latest version of Java

After I made a Java update to latest version Java 8 Update 45, TWS 944.3 did no longer work. The reason here is that Java is now located at C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\javaw.exe. Following recommendation by Interactive Brokers, see

I have installed the latest version of TWS, which is build 949. Can I use NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.27 with TWS build 949?

Or shall I uninstall the current version of TWS, then copy the jawav.exe file as described below to the system folders and then install TWS 944.3 that can be downloaded from www.ninjatrader.com?

Comment

Hello Harry,

Thanks for your reply.

You must use TWS version 944.3 to function properly with NinjaTrader. Please use Cody's instructions provided below to ensure the proper Java files are in the correct locations.
                      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                      47 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aligator  
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes