Graphical Trade Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphical Trade Journal

I'd like to generate trade-by-trade charts, with all of the indicators, for me to analyze my trades. Is there a way to do this, or at least export a series of images? I noticed the journal tab, but that looks like just text notes.

Thanks,
    Matt

Hello Matt,

Please follow the instructions below to enable the plotting of trade executions on the chart.

Right click in your chart and select the menu "Data Series..."
    Find the "Plot executions" parameter for each data series and change the value to "TextAndMarkert" or to "MarkersOnly
    Press the "OK" button
    You can then add the indicators to your chart.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher,
      Thanks, I had "TextAndMarker" already selected. Though I found another way to get closer what I want but with some problems. If I go to the account performance tab, click "Generate", and then right-click on a trade and select "Chart...". This goes right to the trade, it also shows the line connecting the entry and exit unlike in my regular chart, however it is only for 1 minute bars and I cannot edit the chart to change the bar lengths or add indicators. Is there a way to edit those charts or at least get the line that connect entry and exit on the regular chart?
      Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

Hello Matt,

Currently this is not possible in NinjaTrader.

I will forward the suggestion along to our development team for consideration in a future release of NinjaTrader.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher,
          This maybe should be put in the feature requests, but I thought I should keep it in the same thread for context.
          Anything that would help with post-trade analysis for later review would be most helpful. This could also include journal notes before (could be some set number of minutes or bars) and during the trade which could dictate your thoughts on trade setup and progression. Also you could have position entry and exit price and time, initial stop loss price, and risk:reward (stop lossrofit/loss). I could image a report for each trade with a chart like what you would use with chart trader enabling you to review how the trade went and make notes on what improvements should be made.
          I think something like this would really help with analyzing your trading trade-by-trade and help make you a better trader.
          Thanks,
          Matt

Comment

Thanks much for taking the time to voice your thoughts and input how to further improve our NinjaTrader platform, it's highly appreciated - I have just added your feedback into our tracking here in product management.

Thanks again and have a great day.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses