Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Indicator not plotting!

This is really weird.
    I developed an customized indicator, it worked on my home computer. Now today I did the same code on my work computer, it didnt plot anything.

I tried the NT indicator (all the standard SMA, EMA stuffs), even the VOL bars couldnt plot. There are data shown in Data window tho.

I use TradeStation Datafeed btw...

Please help!

Steve

Hello ell2230,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

So that I may further assist you could you answer the following questions.

1. Can you see if you have any compiling errors. To check please follow the steps below.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • If you have any compiling errors at the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.

2. Is there an error message listed in the Log tab of the Control Center?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks JC, well the problem resolved by itself. I just took a walk leaving the bar generate enough to plot the indicators.

However, the weird thing was, for instance I wanted to plot 3 period EMA, so I waited 3 bars finished, then 4,5,6,... the EMA did not plot at all... The weirdest is the VOL bars did not plot while it should not have Bars number issue in plotting them.

Also, I found the issue also links to DataFeed. Since I am using TradeStation datafeed, so I dont have historical data stored, so everytime i pull up a new Chart, I have to wait till Bars finished Enough to get the indicators done. So is there a way that I can store say, previous 100 bars data from an External Datafeed?

Thanks for helping

Comment

Hello ell2230,

That is because BarsRequired by default is going to be set to 20 so it will not display the plot until there is at least 20 bars of data. You can change this if you like using the following link.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rsrequired.htm

Note that you still want to make sure you have enough bars in your data series you are accessing before your calculations start.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3170

You can connect to multiple data providers to be able to get historical data. For example if you have a Kinetick account you can connect to TradeStation first and then Kinetick. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.

More on this topic at: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

For more information on the varying levels of data of our supported connectivity providers you may view the following link.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks JC. that clears out my question to the Bars issue. I'll look into historical data solutions that you provided. Appreciate it!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Yesterday, 02:19 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 08:25 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB