Huge problem uninstalling vendor indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge problem uninstalling vendor indicators

I don't know if I'm going the right way about this but I'm desperate. Here's the problem:

Every time I wanted to access the indicator panel in my NinjaTrader I got the “Invalid Password” for KwikPop message. Even though I found a way around it, it got to be very annoying jumping through “hoops” to get to all the indicators so I decided to go into the indicator folder and delete all the KwikPop indicators I could find (over 50 of them). I thought that would solve the problem.

It didn't. It got worse.

Now I can’t even start NT up anymore because of the stupid “Invalid Password” message! How do I get rid of this “CANCER”! Where is the file that is responsible to check for a KwikPop password (even though I'm not running any of their indicators) and how do I get rid of the file for good.

Hope someone can help.

Miscellaneous Support

Hello,

Please contact Kwikpop for instructions on how to uninstall thier indictors from our software or you can get a new password.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Contacted customer support and half of the problem is resolved - but at least I get to use NT - for the other half of the problem I still need to call him back after 6:30 PM tonight.

Thanks again!

Comment

How can I get kwikpop off my computer?

This is a big problem..... Had a email from **** telling me to remove the password and username.... did that.... next problem it still being requested!!

No mater what I do I can't get shot of this program.... It's no joke.... What can I do can anyone help please.

Comment

Do they not have an uninstaller? If not, ask them what files they install on your PC for NinjaTrader, then let me know.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NOT VERY HAPPY with KWIKPOP

I'm trying to remove Kwikpop and all of its components from my computer.....

I did it the correct way which was..... File - Utilities - Ninja Script Assembly..... Delete KP Indicators

This did not work and now I have an error.... Remove failed. You have custom NinjaScript files on you PC that have programing errors. These errors must be removed before removing a NinjaScript assembly.

I also get in my Log...... Kwikpop: Caught unknown error during Lnit

I have removed from what I can see all of the indicators from the list however they are still showing in the indicator box when I select indicators.

WHAT ARE KWIKPOP PLAYING AT.... this is not good at all

Comment

Do you have any indicators or strategies that you have personally created that reference any KwikPop indicators?
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In my Log still ...... Kwikpop: Caught unknown error during Lnit .... plus indicators are still listed....

I have removed everything that I can find..... same old problem

Its sad we live in a world that no one ever talks anymore when there is a problem however very willing when they wish to sell!!

whats next

Comment

keith8uk,

I suggest you open up every custom indicator and strategy you have and use the Find function to find the instances of where they are being called. Remove those and then try removing the KP indicators.
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

keith8uk,

If you would like I we could also letting me remote login to your PC and try to resolve it for you. Send me an email at josh [dot] peng [at] ninjatrader [dot] com if you want. Thanks.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks Josh

I would like to thank Josh at NT for sorting my Kwikpop problems out

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Hasadafa  
                      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                      11 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post xiinteractive