X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported data with wrong timezone

Hi,

Okay, I did a stupid thing.

I've downloaded ES data from TickWrite, which is listed as "America/Chicago" timezone, for the years 2005 - 2008.

When importing into NinjaTrader, I left the Time Zone setting on NT at UTC, instead of UTC-06:00 (Central Time).

So right now, I have historical data from 2005 and half of 2008 plotting on incorrect times, while those from end-2008 to current (which are loaded live from my data provider) plotting at the correct time zone.

I was thinking of just re-importing the data from TickWrite using the correct timezone, but won't that leave bits of the previously imported incorrect data hanging in the database, and printing out on the chart as well?

Is there a way to purge the database of old data, so I can start importing from fresh again? If possible, I'd like to still keep the recent data (i.e. post 2009) as I'm not sure if my data provider still allows me to re-download live from that far back.

By the way, my TickWrite data is by expiration data (H06, M06, U06, etc), and not a single continuous file.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Nick

Hi Nick, you can edit / delete your data in the Historical Data Manager in NT (access from the Tools menu).

Easier for such a 'mass' edit would be exiting NT and deleting the not needed datafiles from the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db subfolders (there are folder for tick, minute and day based data).

Once this is done you do the reimport in the correct zone.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Ok, I see the folders "cache', "data", "day", "minute", and "tick". So, for example, if I'd like to clear out ES 09-08 completely from the system, I'd go into each folder and delete the subfolder ("ES 09-08")? Or do I need to leave the sub-folder, and just delete the *.ntd files within?

What about the "data" and "cache" folder? The "data" folders contains a bunch of dates, without any subfolder by instrument.

-Nick

Comment

Correct Nick, for complete removal delete the subfolders for the instrument. If you reimport it would recreate the instrument subfolder structure as needed.

Data would store Market Replay data, so nothing to be concerned about for this task.

In the Cache folder delete the subfolders seen for the ES used session templates as well, this will give you then a complete fresh start.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will do.

Thanks for the very detailed help!

Regards,
          Nick

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
          0 responses