Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64bit trouble

Hi,

after re-installing NinjaTrader I get an error with the 64bit version that it cannot connect to it's database (see the screenshot). The 32bit version is running fine.
    Before re-installing I ensured that there is no My Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder and nothing in Program Files.
    Does anyone know how to solve this?
    Attached Files

Hello bibulous,

Can you please send me an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason, 64bit trouble' in the subject header.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello bibulous,

Can you please send me an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason, 64bit trouble' in the subject header.
      Any news on the issue?

Comment

Hello,

Jason is out of the office today.

Can you please send post the 6 digit number in the subject line you were sent when you emailed into support so I can check your case history?

Thanks.

Comment

Did not get one back. At least I can not find it. I found my mail to support@, though. I have sent it at July 20th 2012 09:56 CEST.

Comment

Can you please check your spam folder.

Also please double check the to address for errors as we always send an auto reply on receipt of a new email and also you should get an email response from us very quickly.

support @ ninjatrader dot com

Comment

Hmm.. I must have deleted it then (spam get's automatically deleted..). I have sent it to that address, though. Should I resend it?

Comment

Yes and please put attn: brett in the subject line so I can look for it.

Comment

Thanks! Sent it.

Comment

Hello,

We sent the following instructions to you on the 20th last month. I also resent them to you know please emake sure you get them.

Hello Marc,
                    Thank you for your note.
                    NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.
                    Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
                    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
                    • Add and remove software/programs
                    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
                    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
                    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
                    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
                    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
                    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
                    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
                    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
                    • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please let me know.

Comment

Thanks! That did the trick. I have had only the 32bit version installed..

Comment

64 bit problem - file location

Hi, totally new to Ninja.

w7 , 64 bit, latest ninja version

I installed, accepted all the defaults, entered license key, restarted and got an exception.

The error pointed to "c:\users\documents\me\DOCUMENTS" whereas on inspection the files are stored in "c:\users\documents\me\MY DOCUMENTS"

Any advice please ?

Thanks

Update: further investigation shows that the 32 bit version works fine, the 64 bit version does not
                        Last edited by caveroute; 09-01-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by caveroute View Post
                          Hi, totally new to Ninja.

w7 , 64 bit, latest ninja version

I installed, accepted all the defaults, entered license key, restarted and got an exception.

The error pointed to "c:\users\documents\me\DOCUMENTS" whereas on inspection the files are stored in "c:\users\documents\me\MY DOCUMENTS"

Any advice please ?

Thanks

Update: further investigation shows that the 32 bit version works fine, the 64 bit version does not
                          Is your Win7 a full install, or an upgrade? What did you upgrade from if you did upgrade?

Comment

Full install from 2 years ago, all SP's / updates applied - no problem elsewhere.

Cheers

Comment

Hello,

Please email me at support @ ninjatrader dot com or attach to a forum post your log and trace files so we can look at whats going on.

Can you please send me your trace files for today so I can look into this, I will need both files attached to a return email.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to the email:

My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.XXXXXXXX.txt (YYYYMMDD.txt)

My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.XXXXXXXX.txt (YYYYMMDD.txt)

Please insure that the day you send has the bad start up in it.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes