Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autologoff hack no longer working

Hi,

I have use the autoLogoffTime="99999999999999:15,AM" hack for almost a year. I never had any problems with it and TWS kept running monday to friday.

Last week I updated TWS to version 938.1 (NT is the latest as well) and now TWS shuts down every night. I (re-)changed the autoLogoffTime to 99999999999999:15,AM every morning, but TWS went down anyways. I verified that settings are not loaded from server, and checked the autoLogoffTime right after TWS start.

My guess is that IB has changed somehing in the file but I could't figure out what so far. Has anyone had the same problem?

Marco

Comment

Prevent TWS Autologoff

Does anyone have this hack with 999999999:15 working on the current TWS version? If not does anyone know how to get around this autologoff? I have downloaded IBController but cannot get it to work yet. Help appreciated guys.

Comment

I haven't been able to find a solution for the latest version. I've been having to update the logoff time manually, which is a PITA.

Comment

I have connected to IB gateway and am getting assistance on getting IB controller working... as a backup. Try connecting to IB Gateway... it is a simple solution to all this.

Comment

Originally posted by everington_f View Post
            I have connected to IB gateway and am getting assistance on getting IB controller working... as a backup. Try connecting to IB Gateway... it is a simple solution to all this.
            ok, how do you see Open positions and Stop/target orders in IB gateway. we need TWS for that
            also i am doing swing, so can't log off after Friday, as syncing positions after enabling on Monday seem a big challenge, even with "sync acct position=True"

Comment

You cant see those working orders on gateway..... but you will see them in NT on the orders tab and on the ladder. I love the gateway connection... is super easy to use.

Comment

Dear everington_f,

Would you please share the step-by-step instruction on how to connect NT 7 (latest) to IB gateway ?
                The info will be much appreciated. It is said the current IB TWS does not allow NT7's connection to IB gateway.

Thank you.
                cuk

Comment

Search for IB Gateway in this forum and there are some really good instructions on how to connect that are more precise than any explanation from me. Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post kujista
                  by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM
                  1 response