Preventing overfill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preventing overfill?

My strategy goes long and then short on reversal. The problem I am having is that each time it reverses I get an overfill error. I fixed this by including Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat but that prevents my strategy from entering a position once the previous one has been closed and so it then waits for the entry signal while missing the one before. Is there a way not to use Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat so that I can catch every reversals move?

Hello relogical,
    Can you send a toy NinjaScript code* replicating the behavior to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

*The "toy" just means something that is a stripped down version that isn't necessarily the whole logic. It makes things easier to rout out.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by relogical View Post
      My strategy goes long and then short on reversal. The problem I am having is that each time it reverses I get an overfill error. I fixed this by including Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat but that prevents my strategy from entering a position once the previous one has been closed and so it then waits for the entry signal while missing the one before. Is there a way not to use Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat so that I can catch every reversals move?

How was this resolved?

Comment

If I where you I'd wait for NT8 version which will be awesome. Current version has way too many bugs that will blow up your brokerage account.

Comment

Hello Tasker-182,

Thank your for your post.
          Originally posted by Tasker-182 View Post
          How was this resolved?
          This case would be resolved through custom debugging of the users script to determine exactly why the Over-Fills occurred.

Over-Fills is a serious issue that can occur when using complex entry conditions that bracket the market in both directions end up with both entries being filled instead of one being cancelled. Over-Fills can also occur when you place a trade quickly hoping to close a position while a prior order to close the same position already had an in-flight execution. The exact scenarios in which an over-fill can occur is highly dependent on the specific strategy programming. By default, NinjaTrader will protect against over-fills even though you are using the Unmanaged approach by halting the strategy, but should you decide to custom program your own over-fill handling it is up to you to either prevent over-fills from being a possibility in your code or by introducing logic to address over-fills should one occur.

Your NinjaScript / C# Code will always be logically processed and evaluate according to your set logic – this can of course lead to unexpected results at times, thus we would suggest to simplify and debug your code to better understand the event sequence it would go through - unfortunately we cannot offer such debug or code modification services here, but please see the provided resources below to help you proceed productively :

First of all you would want to use Print() statements to verify values are what you expect - Debugging your NinjaScript code.

For strategies add TraceOrders = true to your Initialize() method and you can then view valuable output related to strategy submitted orders through Tools > Output window - TraceOrders

It may also help to add drawing objects to your chart for signal and condition confirmation - Drawing Objects.

If you would prefer the debug assist of a professional NinjaScript consultant, please check into the following listings - Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DanielSanMartin