Saving freezing with Gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving freezing with Gain

I run NT 6.5 beta under XP and Vista (both have same problem). I also have a demo account with Gain/forex.com.

Now.. If I try to make new Gain connection and use Test account, my login is not working. I can not login and get a message that "I was not introduced to gain api" or smth like that.

So i have made Demo account, although i can not add my username/pasword for the Gain demo account. I have to mention that i selected Ninjatrader as history source, as i read in another thread that will be faster.

The problem: I can not load/save data. I start market analyzer, add some forex pairs and i get the popup windows says that getting data, and it just freezing with a message "Saving. This request can not be aborted". And i can not do anything else, i just have to kill the task.

Same thing happens if i try to reload historycal data for some pair.

Can anyone help about?

Thanks

How long is your lookback period for your charts? Try it on a 1min chart of like 5 days. Some chart intervals like ticks/volume require lots of memory if you have many days of lookback and can be slow in loading/saving data.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Go to Tools > Account Connections, select your GAIN connection and change your "Historical Data" option to "NinjaTrader Servers". Will make download much quicker.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for reply.

@Ray - I did selected NT server for historical data.

@Josh - I tried to get 15 days with daily data.

What i want to do is back test some stuff on a 15-30 days data, 60 minutes chart. Is there any way of doing that without freezing when save data? I have a centrino duo laptop, 2GHz cpu with 2GHz or ram, if that matter anyway.

P.S. Maybe was some problem yesterday, or my net sucked.. seems al works fine now, at least with 15 days data. Thanks for your time.
        Last edited by draime; 01-21-2008, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Hisotorical daily data for GAIN is not supported. Also, the server may have been down on Saturday for a period of time as well.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes