Chart badly skewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart badly skewed

The chart shown in this screenshot is badly skewed. How can I fix it? http://screencast.com/t/RPPd5bgowRkV

Hello tedpenner,

Please adjust the price scale. You can do this by left clicking on the y-axis and dragging your cursor up or down to compress or expand the scaling. By holding the Ctrl key while left mouse clicking on the y-axis and dragging your cursor, you can cause the y-axis to move up or down without compressing or expanding the scaling.
    Below is a link to the Naviagating a Chart section of our help guide.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you sir. I see what you mean there and have demonstrated that here http://screencast.com/t/AY0Zc9UVT. As you can see by the video, something is still off. Please advise further.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
      Hello tedpenner,

Please adjust the price scale. You can do this by left clicking on the y-axis and dragging your cursor up or down to compress or expand the scaling. By holding the Ctrl key while left mouse clicking on the y-axis and dragging your cursor, you can cause the y-axis to move up or down without compressing or expanding the scaling.
      Below is a link to the Naviagating a Chart section of our help guide.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm

Comment

Hello tedpenny,

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Comment

This is who I am connected to http://screencast.com/t/KscsroP3Bm ??

I am not sure what you mean?

Hello tedpenny,

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Comment

Hello tedpenner,

This will be displayed on the lower left hand corner of the Control Center.

If you go to File > Disconnect, what option is available to select?
            Attached Files

Comment

I am using Simulated Data. However, something is still clearly off in terms of the representation. I know it isn't real data and shouldn't match exactly. I remember testing a system that someone had for NT about 2 years ago. We had issues with this. I did not continue learning his system and how often the charting messed up was part of the reason.

Hello tedpenner,

This will be displayed on the lower left hand corner of the Control Center.

If you go to File > Disconnect, what option is available to select?

Comment

Originally posted by tedpenner View Post
                I am using Simulated Data. However, something is still clearly off in terms of the representation. I know it isn't real data and shouldn't match exactly. I remember testing a system that someone had for NT about 2 years ago. We had issues with this. I did not continue learning his system and how often the charting messed up was part of the reason.
                6e matches

TOS vs ZenFire
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello tedpenner,

The Simulated Data Feed is a random internally generated market and has NO correlation to real market data. There for your charts will not line up with real market data.

You can set the start price of an instrument when connecting the Simulated Data Feed.

To set the sim feed start price of an instrument you will need to go to Tools > Instrument Manager. Then in the Instrument Manager window search for and select the instrument. Once selected click the Edit button. Then in the Instrument Editor window, select Sim feed start price, set the price and click OK.

Comment

So I basically cannot paper trade using NT without spending a boatload of money on stuff I currently get for free. Is that a correct interpretation of all this?

Hello tedpenner,]

The Simulated Data Feed is a random internally generated market and has NO correlation to real market data. There for your charts will not line up with real market data.

You can set the start price of an instrument when connecting the Simulated Data Feed.

To set the sim feed start price of an instrument you will need to go to Tools > Instrument Manager. Then in the Instrument Manager window search for and select the instrument. Once selected click the Edit button. Then in the Instrument Editor window, select Sim feed start price, set the price and click OK.

Comment

Sledge, Thank you! What is 6e? I am trading the EUR/USD currency market?

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                      6e matches

TOS vs ZenFire

Comment

Sledge, Thank you! What is 6e? I am trading the EUR/USD currency market?
                        The futures contract for eur/usd as per CME.

I just watch it. I don't trade it.

Comment

Hello tedpenner,

To receive real time market data in NinjaTrader you will need a subscription with a supported data provider.

If you do not have a subscription with a data provider you can paper trade on the Simulated Data Feed or use Market Replay.

Market Replay works if you have downloaded or recorded market replay data.

Please click here for detailed instructions on downloading and recording market replay data

Comment

Hello tedpenner,

To receive real time market data in NinjaTrader you will need a subscription with a supported data provider.

If you do not have a subscription with a data provider you can paper trade on the Simulated Data Feed or use Market Replay.

Market Replay works if you have downloaded or recorded market replay data.

Please click here for detailed instructions on downloading and recording market replay data
                            Ok now that is interesting. Really all I need to do right now is test strategies and auto-trading on previously recorded data. Is that possible without a live trading account? I can't tell from the link you sent exactly how that would work?

Comment

Ok now that is interesting. Really all I need to do right now is test strategies and auto-trading on previously recorded data. Is that possible without a live trading account? I can't tell from the link you sent exactly how that would work?
                              It sounds like you are probably TOS (Think or Swim) and not TDA (TD Ameritrade grandfathered in, who never upgraded to futures/forex with TOS).

TDA data feed does not include futures. There something about ORANGE or GREEN accounts at TDA.

If you're account is upgraded at TDA, it's almost impossible to get downgraded to TDA (and you lose your TDA/futures/forex stuff)...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH