Show more on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show more on chart

My thinkorswim platform appears to have a far more superior chart than does NT. Am I doing something wrong? I like how NT puts the buy, sell, open, and close notations on the chart though. Is there any way to get NT to show the price and time where my cursor happens to be?

Hello tedpenner,

You can enable the Data Box by either clicking on the Data Box icon on the chart toolbar or by right clicking on the chart and selecting Show Data Box. You can also use the hot key Ctrl+D.

The mini data box can be displayed by middle mouse clicking on the chart.

Please see the link below for more information.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...l?data_box.htm
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The databox. Thank you. I do see that and it is helpful to be certain. However, sometimes the cross hairs are really nice to have. Is there any way to show them?
      http://screencast.com/t/ZIhkJJsbAk

Comment

Originally posted by tedpenner View Post
        The databox. Thank you. I do see that and it is helpful to be certain. However, sometimes the cross hairs are really nice to have. Is there any way to show them?
        http://screencast.com/t/ZIhkJJsbAk
        Right click in the chart, cursor->3 options are available, and the shortcuts are listed

The guy in the video needs to click the F to turn off FIXED mode that he set when he scrolled in the right.

I'm not sure why his EURUSD is off by .20 or so.

I use 6E 09-12 in NT.

What data provider is used in the video for NT? .. the mapping of the instrument might be incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          I'm not sure why his EURUSD is off by .20 or so. I use 6E 09-12 in NT. What data provider is used in the video for NT? .. the mapping of the instrument might be incorrect.
          Thank you for those answers. I have noticed that the EUR/USD is off by .20 or so. What does 6E 9-12 refer to? I am using simulated data right now.

Comment

Thank you for those answers. I have noticed that the EUR/USD is off by .20 or so. What does 6E 9-12 refer to? I am using simulated data right now.

Find information for Euro FX Futures EUR/USD Contract Specs provided by CME Group. View Contract Specs

EUR/USD per TDA is the Euro/USD Spot

6E per TDA is the Euro FX Futures (the one you can trade).

Can you even trade the eur/usd Spot?

I try to keep my life simple and just deal with futures.

Comment

I saw you other post about it being "simulated", and the trend indicator tool up in your video.

I guess that's why it is "off"?

Comment

Wow! I don't understand any of that. Thank you for trying to explain it to me.

I have traded the EUR/USD with thinkorswim because the risk is relatively limited with $270 margin requirement for each 10,000 contract size. With my stops in place, I am really risking only about 5% max of that $270 margin requirement. I don't know anything else with that type of a setup. At a cost of only the spread, that works very well for me.

How could futures make life easier at a cost of over $1000 per contract? Does TDA refer to TD Ameritrade? I have heard the term Spot before but am not really sure what it means.

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/fx/g...fications.html

EUR/USD per TDA is the Euro/USD Spot

6E per TDA is the Euro FX Futures (the one you can trade).

Can you even trade the eur/usd Spot?

I try to keep my life simple and just deal with futures.

Comment

Wow! I don't understand any of that. Thank you for trying to explain it to me.

I have traded the EUR/USD with thinkorswim because the risk is relatively limited with $270 margin requirement for each 10,000 contract size. With my stops in place, I am really risking only about 5% max of that $270 margin requirement. I don't know anything else with that type of a setup. At a cost of only the spread, that works very well for me.

How could futures make life easier at a cost of over $1000 per contract? Does TDA refer to TD Ameritrade? I have heard the term Spot before but am not really sure what it means.
                  LOL I'm not sure about the spot thing. Sorry.

After some google reading on " eur/usd vs 6e", eur/usd is FX/forex?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Max238
                  by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                  24 responses
                  0 likes