Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLL using question

Hi!

I don't understand really the function of DLL. When I export them, I get many file with variables extension: .xml, cs, dll. What are used for them? When I this reimport, I can't edit it in NS editor, and nowhere I can see the imported strategy and indicator. When I'd use CliSecure for NT it would be understandable. This functions this way, or is it other way to edit when I use DLL?

thanks. Ron

Hello Ron,
    The dll cannot be edited.

The *.cs file appends the magic code which NinjaTrader appends for any indicator while the xml file appends the information regarding from which version (of NinjaTrader) the code was exported.

You will find the dll in the folder "<My Documents>\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\"

If you do not want the user to edit the code then you distribute your code as a dll. However please note though a Dll cannot be edited, but the code is can still be read using a .Net decompiler.

If you want to protect your code from prying eyes then you can protect it by using the CliSecure.

If you want to edit the code later then you have to export the code as a source file.

These are just the various option given by NinjaTrader and it is upto you how and what you use.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post GLFX005
    by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM