Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get Kinetick to auto download gaps in data

Hi,

I'm currently subscribed to the Kinetick data service for U.S. stocks.

I have a list of stocks on Market Analyzer, which is linked to a chart window, and which I go through from time to time. What I've noticed though is that the chart has gaps in between when I last connect to Kinetick, and today.

So, for example, if the last time I checked on 30-min MSFT was July 3, 2012, I will get a chart where the data cuts off on that day. Today's data will then start building from that cutoff, leaving about 20 days of missing data in between. The only way to fix this is to individually "Reload All Historical Data" for each chart, which is extremely cumbersome when you're dealing with 100's of stocks.

I do not get this problem when I'm using Zen-Fire for my Futures data (i.e. Zen-Fire always downloads the full chart).

Is there a way where I can get Kinetick to auto download the missing data, or a fast and efficient way for me to download everything in one go?

Thanks.

-Nick

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To download data automatically from the Kinetick servers please go to Tools-->Options-->Data tab-->Enable "Get data from server (if available)-->Click Ok.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Christopher,

No luck. The gaps are still there. It's only a problem when I click-to-link from my Market Analyzer; if I start a new chart from the Control Center, it downloads everything from Kinetick server.

-Nick

Comment

Please close NinjaTrader and sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab-->Change Settings-->Select time.nist.gov from the drop down menu and then click Update.

The PC clock should now be updated and you may restart NinjaTrader and let me know if data then downloads automatically.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes