Show in Output window, the text from a previous bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show in Output window, the text from a previous bar

I can have programmed text (my strategy rules) to be shown in the Output Window at the most current bar, using "OnBarUpdate", both on historical data and when online.

What I would like is to be able to click on any bar before the current bar, and have the text associated with that bar, printed in the Output Window or a Fixed Text panel, both when off line and when online. This would then allow me to switch between the past bar and the current bar for comparison etc.

I cannot find any request for this type of action in the forum, and I have an uneasy feeling that it may not be supported, so I will be ecstacit if the answer is "yes", fingers crossed.
    Thank you for trying.

Sorry oldhiker, unfortunately your feeling is correct here - we would not support taking click events from the chart to custom update the output window with your conditions - this could be achieved using more general C# likely, but will take in depth custom programming then.

Why not generally print both infos in sequence, prior bar and currentbar, so you easily have the complete picture how a signal developed?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bertrand,
      I guess I didn't cross enough fingers.
      I currently do your suggestion, but sometimes I would like to look back at a similar setup that is quite a few bars ago.

I will have to leave learning C# to some "well into the future" time slot.

Anyway, thank you for your speedy reply

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes