Cleaning up NinjaTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning up NinjaTrader

I operate with plenty of charts and instruments open and running and after an hour or two I seem to notice that when I want to switch a set of charts from one instrument to another it takes quite a bit of time.

In short I would like to know how to clean up NinjaTrader now and then, or what settings in NinjaTrader do I need to set to what so that it does not keep storing and operating on data I do not actually need.

One way I found was to exit, close and re-open NT every two hours. As I trade on relatively short time frames (1/min - 15/minutes) I also keep the "Days to Load" to a maximum of 3.
    In the Data tab of the Options Tab I have unchecked "Save Chart Data as historical" and "Record for market replay" as I seem to remember that both options when checked are CPU intensive.

1. Also under the Data Tab is "Get data from server (if available)" - it is checked. What is that good for? What happens if I uncheck it?

2. I now noticed that the RSS tab under Options still had all available RSS Feeds checked so I unchecked them as well. (I do not even know what this RSS feed is nor what it is good for).

3. What other ways exist to keep NinjaTrader clean throughout the day? Any and all tips in that direction would be appreciated.

sandman

Hello,

1. This will automtically download data from the historical data servers when you connect or load a chart. Otherwise with this option unchecked, you would need to manually request the data by right clicking on the chart and select 'reload all historical data'

2. The RSS connection would not contribute to performance issues - the rss is used for news feeds that you may subscribe to from some data providers.

3. In addition to setting the Days to Load to 3, I would suggest setting your indicators 'calculate on bar close' option to True to reduce the number of calculations being done per clock cycle.

You can increase your chart refresh interval by increasing the value of the chart property "Display update interval (sec)"

You should also try removing indicators one at a time to see if you can isolate this behavior to a single indicator.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Mathew.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM