Link to TD Ameritrade Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to TD Ameritrade Account

How can I link to my TD Ameritrade Account?

Hello,

Should you have a license key enabled to connect to TD Ameritrade, you can connect to your account using our connection guide. You can check for your licensed providers under Help--> About. If TD Ameritrade is not listed in this window, please send us an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your current license key found under Help--> License key

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps for setting up your connection to TD Ameritrade:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

TD Ameritrade does not show up. I also want to TEST it prior to buying or renting the software.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      Hello,

Should you have a license key enabled to connect to TD Ameritrade, you can connect to your account using our connection guide. You can check for your licensed providers under Help--> About. If TD Ameritrade is not listed in this window, please send us an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your current license key found under Help--> License key

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps for setting up your connection to TD Ameritrade:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Comment

Hello,

Please register for a free simulation license key from the following link:

We will then email you a free simulation key which will be enabled for TD Ameritrade and allow you to test the software for as long as you need.

Comment

OK, now I am really confused. Is this a DIFFERENT key than what I was sent initially when I downloaded the software? The one in my email from two days ago is the one I am putting in and it gives me this error http://screencast.com/t/12GShNscs2.

Hello,

Please register for a free simulation license key from the following link:

We will then email you a free simulation key which will be enabled for TD Ameritrade and allow you to test the software for as long as you need.
          Last edited by tedpenner; 07-27-2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I'm not sure which license key you were provided originally. Can you please email us the license key you are currently using to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Comment

Sent email. Please assist when you can.
              Hello,

I'm not sure which license key you were provided originally. Can you please email us the license key you are currently using to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Comment

Thank you for responding to my emails and calling me to get me connected. I appear to be connected as shown in this screenshot http://screencast.com/t/vjnw7nufY6. However, as also shown, I do not appear to be able to test an order to sell the EUR/USD at market and receive the error message indicated.

Additional assistance is greatly appreciated.
                Last edited by tedpenner; 07-27-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Hello Ted,

Unfortunately TD Ameritrade does not provide forex data to NinjaTrader. You will only have access to Stock and Indexes.

For forex broker, you would need to use GAIN/Forex.com, MBTrading or Interactive Brokers.

Click here to view more information on Historical Data and Understand the data provided by your connectivity provider

Comment

Mathew, thank you.

I need to be able to "test" NT before purchasing anything or investing any new money into another account. If this isn't possible, then the possibility of selling anything to me is nill.
                    Hello Ted,

Unfortunately TD Ameritrade does not provide forex data to NinjaTrader. You will only have access to Stock and Indexes.

For forex broker, you would need to use GAIN/Forex.com, MBTrading or Interactive Brokers.

Click here to view more information on Historical Data and Understand the data provided by your connectivity provider

Comment

You can open free trials and demos with these brokers and test with ninjatrader at no additional cost.

Comment

Excellent! Thank you sir. Of the ones you mentioned, what are the pros and cons of those three? I've heard that IB might be the best.

GAIN/Forex.com - free trial
                        MBTrading - free trial
                        Interactive Brokers - free trial or 10k

You can open free trials and demos with these brokers and test with ninjatrader at no additional cost.

Comment

Hello,

I would not be able to comments on the pros and cons of these broker's, however perhaps another community member can share their experience.

Comment

Equity order submission to TD

Hi support,

I just connected to TDAmeritrade and do get equity quotes and data from them. So now I can create equity real time equity chart on my Ninja platform which is good. However, I would like to know if I can submit equity orders via the DOM. If so, how can I get them to display within the "Instrument" drop down list on the DOM along with my futures symbols after having entered them in to my default symbol list by way of the Instrument Manager in the Control Center?

Thanks for help.

Comment

Hello Spartacus,

The symbols would need to be added to your Default instrument list before they can be selected from the Instrument drop-down menu within the SuperDOM. Please see the following link to our Help Guide for more information about adding symbols to an instrument list: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ment_lists.htm
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes