Understanding the peices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding the peices

I had a strategy applied that I had downloaded from this forum, and nice pretty chart with an indicator as well as some other markings. The chart is now gone.

What pieces make up the "strategy" ?
    What pieces make up the "workspace" ?
    What pieces make up the "template" ?

tedpenner,

The strategy is located inside of a .CS file, it is code that is compiled into your NinjaTrader.Custom.Dll.

Workspaces are a collection of chart setting and their positions that is saved.

Chart templates are settings for a chart that is saved so you can apply it to new charts you create, however all this information also stored in your workspace. Templates are just for new charts.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Templates = Saved Chart Settings
      Workspace = Includes Templates and it's position?
      Strategy = The code behind the trades you are making? Someone asked if I had "attached a strategy" to a particular chart. I thought they were separate.

It appears that I still need some clarification here. Thanks for all the assistance.

Comment

With templates - if you set up your chart with indicator x,y and z, you can save that as a template, and then use it for other charts.

I think by "position" he meant, location and sizing on the screen, and this also includes your indicators and templates on that chart.

You can add a strategy to a chart, and you'll see the trades marked on the chart.
        You can also add a strategy in the strategies tab, I'm not sure if that will mark trades on your charts or not. I've never done it that way.

Originally posted by tedpenner View Post
        Templates = Saved Chart Settings
        Workspace = Includes Templates and it's position?
        Strategy = The code behind the trades you are making? Someone asked if I had "attached a strategy" to a particular chart. I thought they were separate.

It appears that I still need some clarification here. Thanks for all the assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade