Limited coding support here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited coding support here

It appears that most of the responses here are from NT customer service, which is fantastic, but fewer responses regarding the C# programming stuff exists. Since the C# programming that the platform runs on depends on namespace information developed by NT, the lack of support it specifically here, is disappointing. Is there a better forum for discussing the syntax behind the NT trader programming?
    Last edited by tedpenner; 07-27-2012, 08:34 PM.

Originally posted by tedpenner View Post
    It appears that most of the responses here are from NT customer service, which is fantastic, but fewer responses regarding the C# programming stuff exists. Since the C# programming that the platform runs on depends on namespace information developed by NT, the lack of support it specifically here, is disappointing. Is there a better forum for discussing the syntax behind the NT trader programming?
    That is the problem with every closed source framework. One can only use the exposed API that the vendor chooses, or one must try to crack if for the internal API's.

I am by no means suggesting that NT should become open source. After all, their business model depends on it. They are giving away the entire programming interface, such as they document it: we only pay if we use NT to actually trade. I think it is a great gift.

True, I wish I knew more about the internal API, but consider the alternatives out there. Is there any other trade development platform that is so openly extensible, even as limited in documentation as NT is right now?

Comment

Tradelink?

100% open source since 2008... 23,000+ installs across 10+ countries.

Originally posted by koganam View Post
      True, I wish I knew more about the internal API, but consider the alternatives out there. Is there any other trade development platform that is so openly extensible, even as limited in documentation as NT is right now?

Comment

Impressive. Not sure if I am quite ready to learn a completely new programming paradigm though. The difference is the NT wrappers. Then again, the price we pay for the wrappers, is code that is obscure.

Then again, as a trading platform, it does not support my feed or my broker. What to do? Decisions, decisions. Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink ...

Comment

Originally posted by tedpenner View Post
          What specifically are you looking for?

Bigmiketrading forums has some NT forum.

I have found that the NT help examples, plus these forums here, are excellent to get started.

Comment

Thank you guys much. I think I am probably just too impatient. I woke up early this morning and had 3 responses to 3 different posts. With respect to the syntax, I was referring mostly to the conditional syntax once you get into tweaking the indicators. Help with that may already be here and a less than 24 hour turnaround ain't all that bad. Sledge, nice links! Thank you for that sir. Kogonam, I love your tag line. Pretty slick!
            Last edited by tedpenner; 07-28-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly