Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Already have broker setup, historical charts with Kinetick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already have broker setup, historical charts with Kinetick?

I recently found out that the data provider for the broker I'm using (trading technologies) only has real-time data and no historical data. I can only use Trading technolgies with my broker for real-time data and order processing but I can supposedly also use kinetick for historical data at the same time.

I just signed up with kinetick and got my login and password. My program is already up and running with trading technologies. How do I add kinetick as only historical data in my ninja trader program? I'm not using kinetick for real-time data or order processing but I need historical data to have charts.

Thanks for the help!

This should help here

Originally posted by schulzey View Post
    I recently found out that the data provider for the broker I'm using (trading technologies) only has real-time data and no historical data. I can only use Trading technolgies with my broker for real-time data and order processing but I can supposedly also use kinetick for historical data at the same time.

I just signed up with kinetick and got my login and password. My program is already up and running with trading technologies. How do I add kinetick as only historical data in my ninja trader program? I'm not using kinetick for real-time data or order processing but I need historical data to have charts.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

I'm sorry I still don't understand. I don't see it explained exactly in the thread.

Here's where I'm at... I just setup my account and went to account connections and followed instructions with connection wizard for trading technologies. I didn't setup a backup feed. I load charts and had nothing historical, only the current bar. So, I found out I need kinetick for historical charts.

Now I got a username and password for kinetick but don't understand how to setup kinetick as only historical charts. Do I go back through the connection wizard and setup a different connection with just kinetick? Or how do I add just kinetick (I can't find out how to add that to my current connection). I'm not using just end of day data, I purchased the basic kinetick package so I should get intraday data.

Please help, I'm getting frustrated here.

Comment

Okay, so I thought I was suppose to somehow set up trading technologies and kinetick at the same time in the connection wizard so I would only connect one thing when I log on. But I'm assuming now that I have to connect to 2 different things everytime my program starts up, is that correct?

I just got my username and password for kinetick and I went through the connection wizard again and setup kinetick separately.

So now when I start up ninja trader I first connect to my broker/real-time data feed (deepdiscountrading/trading technologies) and then connect kinetic after that as a separate connection. Is this correct? Also does it matter which order I connect to these? My broker tells me I need to use trading technologies as my order processing/real-time data.

Comment

schulzey,

I would suggest connecting to kinetick first, then the other data providers afterwards. This way it will pull data historically from Kinetick first.
          Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Isn't the real-time data more important? I'm using kinetick for only historical data only and I'm using trading technologies for my real time. I set it up with connecting to trading technologies first (my broker) and then kinetick second and it seems to work fine, will I have problems connecting this way?

Comment

Originally posted by schulzey View Post
              Isn't the real-time data more important? I'm using kinetick for only historical data only and I'm using trading technologies for my real time. I set it up with connecting to trading technologies first (my broker) and then kinetick second and it seems to work fine, will I have problems connecting this way?
              I dont have a TT connection, but can you turn off historical data for them?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB