Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connect to both broker and data provider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect to both broker and data provider?

I just got my live ninjatrader program up and running but I'm trying to make sure I'm connecting to my broker/data feed properly. I already had set up my broker/real-time data and order processing with trading technologies but I was confused how to setup kinetick as only historical data since trading technologies will be my real time data and order processing.

Okay, so I thought I was suppose to somehow set up trading technologies and kinetick at the same time in the connection wizard so I would only connect one thing when I log on. But I'm assuming now that I have to connect to 2 different things everytime my program starts up, is that correct?

I just got my username and password for kinetick and I went through the connection wizard again and setup kinetick separately.

So now when I start up ninja trader I first connect to my broker/real-time data feed (deepdiscountrading/trading technologies) and then connect kinetic after that as a separate connection. Is this correct? Also does it matter which order I connect to these? My broker tells me I need to use trading technologies as my order processing/real-time data.

schulzey,

Please try connecting to Kinetick first, then your other data provider second. Whichever data provider you connect to first, NinjaTrader will try to get data from first. If the data provider you connect to first doesn't provide historical data you won't get historical data.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Adam,

Does that mean if i'm conneted to Zen-Fire first, and then connect to Interactive Brokers,

then Ninjatrader would not get data from Interactive Brokers until I disconnect Zen-fire?

eg, Ninjatrader will only get data from the first broker/data-provider that i connect to and will completely ignore the second?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      schulzey,

Please try connecting to Kinetick first, then your other data provider second. Whichever data provider you connect to first, NinjaTrader will try to get data from first. If the data provider you connect to first doesn't provide historical data you won't get historical data.

Comment

Hello loyal_customer,

Thanks for your post.

When connecting to Zen-Fire first and then Interactive Broker, all futures data would be provided by Zen-Fire and Interactive Brokers wold provide data for forex, equities, and indexes.

However, if there was a futures instrument that you were not enabled with in Zen-Fire but you were enabled for in Interactive Brokers you would not receive data for that instrument in this set up as Zen-Fire would provide all futures data.

Below I have provided a link to the Multiple Connections section of our help guide for more information.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
          Hello loyal_customer,

Thanks for your post.

When connecting to Zen-Fire first and then Interactive Broker, all futures data would be provided by Zen-Fire and Interactive Brokers wold provide data for forex, equities, and indexes.
          Hi Brandon,
          I have IB broker and Kinetick feed. Usually for ES futures, I connect onto Kinetick first, followed by IB.
          Just wanna be clear on this. If I wanna have real-time data for SPY (or any other stocks/ETFs), I don't necessarily have to connect to IB first, then Kinetick second? Can just connect the usual order: Kinetick then IB?
          Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, your existing connection order (Kinetick then Interactive Brokers) should be just fine.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle.
              Can you pls help with one more item - setting up ATM Strategy for SPY? I think I did it wrong, after taking a trade today. I want to trade 100 shs with stop loss at $0.13 and profit target at $0.22.
              I had initially set Qty: 100, Stop loss: 13, Profit target: 22. Upon getting filled, the trade management was not right.
              Thanks again!

Comment

Hello copa8,

What is incorrect?

What parameter type are you using for your ATM Strategy? Tick, price, percent?
                Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
                  Hello copa8,

What is incorrect?

What parameter type are you using for your ATM Strategy? Tick, price, percent?
                  Hi ChristopherS,
                  My setup seems correct. I got thrown off b/c I thought I was trading r/t data, but it was delayed data, instead. For my situation, I need to connect to IB first, then Kinetick to get r/t data for SPY.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Hello copa8,

To receive real time data for the SPY from Kinetick, you will need to be subscribed to the exchange with Kinetick.

When connecting to Kinetick and your broker, you have some options...

Connect to Kinetick first then to your broker. This setup will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, and still allow you to execute trades to your broker.

Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.

More on this topic at: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm
                    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok...thanks for the info ChristopherS.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
                        schulzey,

Hi
                        I trade through interactivebrokers but I plan to subscribe to either kinetick or iqfeed to get historical data. Will the delayed version be enough since i already pay the datafees for live msrkets to interactive brokers?

Comment

Since we´re in this discussion and I had the same setup installed recently (NT + Kinetick + IB),I wanted to make sure I´m doing the right thing and that I´m getting the Data Feed from Kinnetick. I trade only the QQQ and I subscribed to Kinnetick only to the Basic Package + Nasdaq Level 1.

1) When I open NT, it automatically connects to Kinnetick.(The "Connected - Kinnetick" appears in green at the bottom of NT main window).

2) Then, I open TWS with my live account and tell NT to connect to it.(The "Connected - InteractiveBrokers" appears in green at the bottom of NT main window).

3) I accept the connetion request on TWS.

On the "Accounts" Tab, two lines appear,being the 2 first columns of these,the following and in the following order:

"My Account Number from IB" / Interactive Brokers REAL
                          Sim101 / Kinnetick

With all this, when I choose my Interactive Brokers account on the drop down menu from my charts, that doesn´t mean that the Data Feed was also changed from Sim101 to my IB account? Or when I do this,this only affects by whom the orders will be executed(Sim101 or IB)?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello NeoTrader86,

Thanks for your post today.

When connecting using the steps you have outlined, all of your realtime and historical data should be coming from Kinetick, as it is the primary data connection.

The Accounts tab of the Control Center would only display the available Accounts, which is determined by who you are connected to. Choosing an account in the Accounts drop-down menu in Chart Trader would only change the account you are placing trades to.

Don't hesitate to let me know if I may help further.
                            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post wzgy0920  
                            Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes