Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Italian market on NT via Yahoo ,Google : possible ? how ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian market on NT via Yahoo ,Google : possible ? how ?

Hello everybody !
    provided that Ninja Trader supports Yahoo and Google free financial data feedback , provided that yahoo and google support all italian market indices and principal stocks' quotations , I wandered if transitive property is appliable and it is possible to chart italian stocks and indices in Ninja ?

The issue is that , on the contrary of IBEX ,SMI ,CAC40 et alt. , FTSEMIB ( italian major index ) is NOT present in 'Instrument Manager' even if Italian exchange ( BVME , IDEM ) is listed in 'Instrument Editor' .

I've read the existing posts on the matter : it seems that the thing is possible but the explanations are probably a little bit too generic for me (..Enter in instrument specific information..., -....Fill in any relevant information.....) and I couldn't set the thing right .

Can please someone give me sufficiently detailed instructions on how can resolve the question ???(... if I can ...) .

Thank you very much .

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

Yes it is possible as long as you know the correct symbol that Yahoo uses. Let's review the steps needed to add an instrument to NinjaTrader in the Instrument Manager
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • Enter instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange.
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab, including the symbol mapping for Yahoo
    • Press the "OK" button

If we review the Yahoo! Finance page on for the IBEX 35 (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=%5EIBEX) we will find the exchange and the exact symbol that Yahoo is using.

So ,for example, the IBEX 35 is added with:
    • Master Instrument: (user defined name) IBEX
    • Instrument Type: Index
    • Tick Size: 0.01
    • Session Template: Default 24/7
    • Symbol Map: Yahoo: ^IBEX
    • Exchange: Default

Since this is an index, we don't need to specify the exchange and can just use "Default". However a stock will require the exchange to be selected.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you Mattew ! .. it works !!
      the procedure is not completly handy , is a little bit tricky but at the end IT WORKS ( that is what it counts ). Now I can finally begin my journey with this beautiful software .

Thanks a lot , bustiscarp

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes