Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLATTENEVERYTHING and CANCELALLORDERS

Time to flatten
    Sets the time (local PC time) where a position will be flattened and working orders cancelled.

I see on the Misc tab under Options you can flatten all positions and cancel working orders.

But how would you FLATTENEVERYTHING and CANCELALLORDERS in a strategy?

thanks

Hello kenb2004,
    You can use the below unsupported code to flatten everything.

Code:
    NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.SuperDom.FlattenEverything()
    this.CancelAllOrder(true, true); will cancel all order for that specific strategy.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So if I put both of these code snippets in a time filter it would do what I asked, FLATTENEVERYTHING and CANCELALLORDERS in a strategy?

thanks

Comment

Hello kenb2004,
        NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.SuperDom.FlattenEverythin g() will close all open positions and will cancel all order in every account.

Comment

Code:
          [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]protected[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]override[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]void[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] OnBarUpdate(){ 
          [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New]if (!TradeTime)[/FONT]
          [FONT=Courier New]NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.SuperDom.FlattenEverything() ;[/FONT]
          }
          So would something like this work? Assuming TradeTime is a bool representing a time filter.

Thanks

Comment

Hello kenb2004,
            Yes, it should. This is however unsupported and hence would request you to test it further before going live.

Comment

OK... is there a better, Supported method for doing this?

Comment

Just as a side note, NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.SuperDom.FlattenEverythin g() also disables the strategy.

I think the supported method would be to keep track of all of your positions and close them if they're open at the time of your TradeTime bool. But as long as you're ok with your strategy being disabled afterward, I know several people here have used NinjaTrader.Gui.SuperDom.SuperDom.FlattenEverythin g(), and I haven't read any complaints about it.
                Last edited by Radical; 08-01-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

OK, I tried adding that code and there were no trades at all. All it did was flatteneverything before tradetime and then stayed flatten forever.

No that won't work if it shuts the strategy down. Is there not a code to just FLATTENEVERYTHING and CANCELALLORDERS without stopping the strategy?

Comment

Hello kenb2004,
                    Unfortunately as Radical noted it will disable the strategy. There are no supported codes to do what you are trying to do.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post rocketman7  
                    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes