Screen Capture Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Capture Tool

Please move this to the appropriate forum if it is in the wrong place.

Have been looking for screen capture software to record entries / exits etc quickly - problem with win snipping tool is you have to go find it each time. Link is for a facility that is transparent and will sit 'Always on top' of your charts permanently. When you want to capture an entry / exit / whatever simply put mouse on predefined area and hit enter or double click. This will save to file / clipboard / document etc. Has loads of useful extras like predefined crop size, configurable file template names (can be timestamped so order of capture through the day is easy to sort), send capture straight to printer, opacity settings blah blah blah - I don't have anything to do with these people but I have been looking a long time for something as useful as this - quick and easy to use while trading - always on top - makes keeping a journal easy.

Ninja Guys - Any chance we can set up a forum for stuff like this? PS code is freely available and is written in C# if any of you developer type guys wish to expand the functionality (adding a text box for notes) or even consider adding it to the next release !!! Ah I knew I'd be pushing it with that suggestion lol.

Hope you find this as useful as me;
    Ben

Hello Ben,
    You can save the image of the chart by simply following the below steps.
    • Right click on the chart
    • In the context menu click on Image>Save As

Unfortunately I am not aware of any particular NinjaScript code but you can contact any of our NinjaScript consultants and make an NinjaScript code in these lines. You can get the list of our NinjaScript consultants from here http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Joydeep View Post
      Hello Ben,
      You can save the image of the chart by simply following the below steps.
      • Right click on the chart
      • In the context menu click on Image>Save As

Unfortunately I am not aware of any particular NinjaScript code but you can contact any of our NinjaScript consultants and make an NinjaScript code in these lines. You can get the list of our NinjaScript consultants from here http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants
      Thanks - I was aware of that J.

Unfortunately (and I'm sure you will agree) the 'Image>Save As' function is pretty limited in terms of functionality - for example if I merely wish to capture an entry, I don't want the whole screen captured as the image will be to big to paste directly into my journal without further editing.

Maybe you could add the suggestion of a Forum for 'Other' trading stuff that is merely a forum for other things that people have found useful and compliment NT or help their trading with NT.

Thanks for your time - have a good day.

Ben.

Comment

Do you need coding help or can you piece together things?

Last weekend there was that post about adding a button to the NT chart toolbar with a callback to a strategy.

This could easily handle a screenshot or with chartcontrol a chart image save.

Originally posted by stocktraderbmp View Post
        Thanks - I was aware of that J.

Unfortunately (and I'm sure you will agree) the 'Image>Save As' function is pretty limited in terms of functionality - for example if I merely wish to capture an entry, I don't want the whole screen captured as the image will be to big to paste directly into my journal without further editing.

Maybe you could add the suggestion of a Forum for 'Other' trading stuff that is merely a forum for other things that people have found useful and compliment NT or help their trading with NT.

Thanks for your time - have a good day.

Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          Do you need coding help or can you piece together things?

Last weekend there was that post about adding a button to the NT chart toolbar with a callback to a strategy.

This could easily handle a screenshot or with chartcontrol a chart image save.
          Hi Sledge - thanks for your offer;

No - I found this screen capture tool after much trial and error. It is "Always on top" and is a 1 click operation - no need to go find your 'snipping' tool etc - have tried 5 or 6 of these sorts of things over the last few months to try and make journal keeping easier. This is the best one I found. I was hoping it would be of use to others.
          If I get the time (later this year) the program is in C# and I may try to add the facility to write notes in a panel that will also be captured when you copy the image - that I am sure I will need help with.
          In the mean time it is just the best screen / part of screen snipping / capturing tool I have found and thought it may be useful to others.

Happy to still get suggestions from others on what they use though.

Thanks again for your kind offer -will call on you if and when !

Ben.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes