Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error meta data file dll not found

Hello,

before asking of course I searched for this problem and I found the information from Kyle with another user
    "Please right click in the code window, then select References.
    Next, press the add button to open a window where you'll select a file to reference.
    Please navigate to: C:\Users\**your username**\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom
    Select 'NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll' and press Open.
    Click OK to exit the References menu.
    Finally, recompile your scripts and the error should be cleared. "

but the message when compiling persists.

GOT IT! INFO: one has to search in the reference window for the referring line and then to delete. Then compiling again and it works

Best
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 08-02-2012, 03:45 PM. Reason: solution

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your post.

Please:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.

Expand the 'Error' column - which .dll files are listed in this error report?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

thanks for your promt reply. In the meantime I found out how to do - in the reference window to look for the referring file/line of the 3rd party addin. Then delete the file and then compiling again. Then it works.

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi Tony,

Thanks for your post.

Please:
      • Open NinjaTrader
      • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
      • Select an indicator and double click on it.
      • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
      • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.

Expand the 'Error' column - which .dll files are listed in this error report?

Comment

Hi Tony,

I'm glad to hear that you've sorted this issue out - if anything else comes up that I can assist with please let me know.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

as your replies come so fast this time of day I want to take this offer and opportunity and do a question with a problem I work around all day.

When I do close a position from chart-trader-ATM with
          Order o = a.CreateOrder(Instrument,OrderAction.BuyToCover,Or derType.Market,TimeInForce.Day,2, (double)nudBuyLmtPr.Value,0,"","Buy");

then I reduce my position but the stops persists. How can I do please so that the stops in the same quantity (here 2) are deleted.

Thanks
          Tony

Comment

Hello,

Rather than submitting an order to scale out of the position, I'd suggest modifying the Stop order to fill which will reduce the overall position and clear out that stop order.

You can use AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget to do sohttp://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/atmstrategychangestoptarget.htm
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post geddyisodin  
            Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes