Cross Hairs 'erase' chart background color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross Hairs 'erase' chart background color

Most of my charts have the white standard background and moving the cross hair over these charts operates just fine.

I wanted to experient with darkening my chart background a bit to reduce the brightness of the charts and hence the strain on the eyes.

However when I color a chart background in chart properties and then drag the cross hair around the chart, the cross hair movement creates an effect like 'erasing' the back ground color - not completely but certainly significantly reducing the opacity of the parts of the chart where the cross hair has been.

The chart color does not return to normal until price moves a tick and the chart redraws.

This is very distracting especially in the middle of the US night when I trade and charts can be slow to update due to infrequent trades.

Why is NT performing like this?

I use a dark grey background and have never seen this on my 2 machines with nvidia graphics cards when using global cross hairs.

Your system specs? Latest video drivers? Anything Overclocked? All windows updates? Monitor recognized by plugnplay or whatever they call it these days?

Are your color settings set to highest possible?

Originally posted by steve2222 View Post
    Most of my charts have the white standard background and moving the cross hair over these charts operates just fine.

I wanted to experient with darkening my chart background a bit to reduce the brightness of the charts and hence the strain on the eyes.

However when I color a chart background in chart properties and then drag the cross hair around the chart, the cross hair movement creates an effect like 'erasing' the back ground color - not completely but certainly significantly reducing the opacity of the parts of the chart where the cross hair has been.

The chart color does not return to normal until price moves a tick and the chart redraws.

This is very distracting especially in the middle of the US night when I trade and charts can be slow to update due to infrequent trades.

Why is NT performing like this?

Comment

steve,

You may want to try upgrading your video drivers here to see if the issue persists. Also, answering Sledge's questions would be beneficial for us to resolve.
      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Sledge.

I thought it must be at my end since I could find no other posts reporting a similar problem.

I knew Windows Vista was up to date and the laptop powerful enough, so I focused on the Nvidia drivers.

Both Nividia and Dell kept telling me I had the latest driver version, but the Nvidia site was showing a more up to date driver.

So I 'forced' Windows to update the driver anyway - and problem solved.

By the way, in case it helps anyone in the future, I also use Matrox Dual Head 2Go hardware device to extend the laptop screen on to two additional monitors.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH