CQG Connection Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG Connection Problem

For the last several days off and on I get the dreaded "connection lost" voice even though my internet connection is just fine. This morning I've lost connection at least half a dozen times. PLEASE ADVISE!

Best Regards
    Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for posting to report this issue.

I'm not aware of any widespread issues effecting CQG users this morning. So that I may further investigate, please contact me with a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) A copy of today's trace file.
    You'll find this diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder - I'd need the file which is named 'trace.20120806.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Having same issue all day, and once it disconects you, you can't move a stop loss of target, which made for a terrible for my account. Also sending a copy of my trace file to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bougie View Post
        Having same issue all day, and once it disconects you, you can't move a stop loss of target, which made for a terrible for my account. Also sending a copy of my trace file to you.
        Reset all your networking equipment.

Reset the modem.
        Reset the router.
        Reset the network card in the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          Reset all your networking equipment.

Reset the modem.
          Reset the router.
          Reset the network card in the computer.
          Hi koganam, for future reference I would like to know how to "Reset the network card in the computer"
          Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by newbie0101 View Post
            Hi koganam, for future reference I would like to know how to "Reset the network card in the computer"
            Thanks in advance
            Easiest way is to go to the properties of the card, disable the card, then enable it. That usually clears up the stack. Occasionally you may have to completely reset the stack itself, losing any customization. To do that you use the netsh command at the command prompt.

Comment

Just to say dont use any peer to peer applications like torrents and dont allow anyone else to use them via the same router while connected to CQG, it always croaks the connection.

Comment

CQG connection problem

Greetings,

For some reason I'm not seeing current prices in Ninjaterminal with CQG connection, I'm also not seeing sim101 account, neither am I able to reaload historical data. All the charts stopped loading at 5/11 (11th of may). How can I fix this issue?

I've attached screens.

Thank You!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello snusnufreak,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 689957' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=51667

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                    Hello snusnufreak,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 689957' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=51667

I look forward to assisting you further.
                    Greetings, Patrick

Thank you for response, I've already been helped by Jason in the other thread! So its not the issue naymore! Everything works!

Comment

Cqg data issues

I currently use CQG data through AMP futures while using NT.

AMP Futures provides traders Ultra-Cheap Commissions, Super-Low Margins, Excellent 24-hour Customer Service, and a Huge Selection of 50+ Trading Platforms.

The question is,

It appears at about 1030 ET or so, the daily bars high and low seems to change?

Any ideas pls?

Comment

This is likely due to the fact that the CQG data is recorded on the NT data servers and the bars are regular trading hours only. However if you had NinjaTrader running and connected to a live connection, your real-time Daily bars would contain the extended hours session. Upon reloading your chart, it would then pull the data from the servers and would be regular trading hours only.

If you wish to see the extended hours highs/lows using the CQG connection, you can use a 1440-minute bar instead which will replicate a daily session.
                        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi,

I send you some log files, I have the same issue. Connection works well, but NT is every 5 min going off

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by noyss View Post
                            Hi,

I send you some log files, I have the same issue. Connection works well, but NT is every 5 min going off

Thanks

Hello,

Am I correct in understanding that you've send in an email under the name Victor? If so, I've replied to your email asking to send your Log and Trace file manually.
                            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                            15 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                            Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes