Connecting to unsupported brokerage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to unsupported brokerage

My brokerage firm is a Swedish firm that is not spported by Ninjatrader, however they have an API for there service, i am now wondering if it would be possible for me to get NinjaTrader to work with this brokerage using there API or if you have any plans for adding support for this site? The site im talking about is Nordnet.se

Hello favetelinguis,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader is supported by 100's of brokers worldwide for futures, forex and equities but unfortunately we do not currently support nordnet.

Please review our preferred broker list and let me know if you have any questions.

In the meantime, I will forward a suggestion that we add support for this broker to our partner development team.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT for Swedish brokers please!

I have the same request as favetelinguis.

I would like to trade Swedish stocks with an automated strategy in Ninjatrader.
      The two major Swedish brokers Avanza and Nordnet do not support NT at the moment.
      However, as favetelinguis said, there is an open API available at Nordnet which should work as long as someone does some developing.

I know a lot of Swedish traders would appreciate a NT connection to a Swedish broker, since they have special accounts that are preferred from a tax-payers point-of-view.

The easiest way is probably to connect to Nordnet's existing API.

How is this usually done? Is it up to the broker to request this from NT, or will NT contact the broker?

Regards
      / Johan

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello favetelinguis,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader is supported by 100's of brokers worldwide for futures, forex and equities but unfortunately we do not currently support nordnet.

Please review our preferred broker list and let me know if you have any questions.

In the meantime, I will forward a suggestion that we add support for this broker to our partner development team.

Comment

Hello sthlmjohan,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I'll forward your suggestion that we add support for this provider on to our partner development team. Thanks again for your feedback!
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello sthlmjohan,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I'll forward your suggestion that we add support for this provider on to our partner development team. Thanks again for your feedback!
          Here is the link to API specification, btw
          https://api.test.nordnet.se/
          It is in English and very easy to read
          I am surprised, that you did not made it since 2012 ööö
          Are you going to implement it at all ?
          There are no good trading apps available for Swedish traders from Swedish brokers.
          NT can be popular.
          You can even sign the contract with Nordnet, so they would lease NT for some fee,
          when used with nExt API.
          How much does it cost in human*hrs or $
          to implement custom API connector ?
          Might be we - Swedish traders can make a collective donation to support this development ?

Comment

Hello klugeman,

Thanks for your reply.

This request is being taken into consideration however there has been no announcement of support coming to this brokerage at this time.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would like to ask just a couple more questions to you:
              do you think, it is possible to code that kind of "connector" to unsupported API,
              as a C# script - to load into NT ?
              Does NT allow to make a fully functional interface to API that is unsupported
              by default, by implementing it as a script ?
              Are there any technical obstacles that can occur with making such kind of coding job ?
              Please, answer extendedly.

Comment

Hello klugeman,

Thanks for your reply.

Please see the forum topic below on this.
                BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there
                  Is there any update on this? I would like to connect to Nordnet too.

Cheers
                  Jacob

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post. Nordnet is not a supported provider at this time as well. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team.
                    The tracking ID for this request is SFT-2384. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. Our Help Guide Release Notes will also list all new changed or additions to NinjaTrader (Help > Help).

Please let me me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Is this request for adding Nordnet to supported brokers list is fulfilled: SFT-2384. I am sure a large number of the trading community is interested in using NT if it's supported for Nordic markets.

/Thanks in advance,
                      SK

Comment

SFT-2384 has not yet been implemented. You'll find a line in the release notes when a feature has been added. If a major change like an additional brokerage was supported, I'm certain there would be an announcement.

Comment

Has feature SFT-2384 been implemented?

Comment

To clarify, SFT-2384 is a feature request where we maintain a list of all additional data providers or brokers that are not currently supported but have been requested to be supported. In this specific thread, users were requesting support for Nordnet. Support for Nordnet has not been implemented..

You'll find a line in the release notes when a feature has been added. If a major change like an additional brokerage was supported, I'm certain there would be an announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                              To clarify, SFT-2384 is a feature request where we maintain a list of all additional data providers or brokers that are not currently supported but have been requested to be supported. In this specific thread, users were requesting support for Nordnet. Support for Nordnet has not been implemented..

You'll find a line in the release notes when a feature has been added. If a major change like an additional brokerage was supported, I'm certain there would be an announcement.

I hope NT development team will help on SFT-2384. As we have quite many Nordic investors who are interested using NT for active trading in Nordic markets.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes