Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Interactive Brokers - Lack of Historical Data Prevents Trading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers - Lack of Historical Data Prevents Trading?

Hi all,

I'm a paying NT customer (yay!) on a quarterly lease. I just tried connecting and trading to Interactive Brokers this morning and ran into a snag.

I connect with IB just fine (to a paper account for now), and data comes through just fine. However, whenever it tries to load chart data on a NT chart I have load on my Workspace by default at startup, it shows the following message:

8/6/2012 10:34:49 AM Default Error on loading chart data for 'Trading Default': Interactive Brokers (Paper Acct): Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200)

After this point, I can manually enable a strategy to the chart (that's still getting a data feed by IB), but no trades happen. The strategy itself is not disabled (there's not a (D) to the left of the strategy name), so it's got something to do with the fact that no historical data can be loaded.

My question is: What parameters should I have in my chart to prevent the above error message, and allow strategies to trade against incoming data? I've included a screenshot of the choices available for an example security for reference.

I'm thinking that I have to change the 'Days to Load' in the Data section to an entry of '1'. Would that solve the problem?

Yours,
    Spider
    Attached Files

Hello,

The error is related to the symbol you are loading.

Can you please clarify what symbol you are attempting to load? From the error it looks like you're loading a symbol called 'Trading' is this correct?

Can you load data for a more common symbol such as AAPL, $EURUSD or ES 09-12?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Sorry, that was me editing out the symbol.

I just tried AAPL, re-enabled my default strategy, and no problems.
      So I went back and tried the first one that gave me problems (TNA), enabled the strategy, and no problems.

Restarted NT, and TNA chart loaded but the main strategy was disabled.
      Connected to IB, and manually enabled the strategy. Everything seems to work.
      The strategy (after enabling) was applied to past days to measure performance as well.

Looks like I just need to reapply the security properly on my end, and all is well.

Thanks for the help Matthew.

- Spider

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses