Renko chart with indicator calculated on minute data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko chart with indicator calculated on minute data

How can you operate a chart to plot price bars based on Renko data but overlay some indicators that are calculated ,say, off 3 minute price bars for the same instrument.

I can't put two data series on one chart as NT defaults to scaling the X axis based on time (3 minutes) which screws up the pattern of the Renko bars (which of course don't neatly open and close every 3 minutes).

So I guess I am asking if indicators plotted on the Renko chart can be based on the 3min price bars from another chart - but the same instrument.

The way to do that would be to create the desired indicator to use an added bar series. Then just place the indicator on the Renko chart. This will preserve your chart scaling but will introduce other side effects like repainting historical plots after a chart refresh.

Dan
    Last edited by eDanny; 08-11-2012, 07:51 AM.
    eDanny
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have to confess I can't follow your suggestion - I am struggling to see where these options are in NT.

If you create an added bar serries, where is that bar series being plotted ie which chart. Or are you saying you can create a barseries WITHOUT needing to plot it on a chart and then you plonk your indicator on the plotted Renko bar series and have the indicator reference the unplotted additional bar series (3 minute one)?

If you are saying you create the 3 minute bar series WITHOUT plotting it- where do you have the option to selct it not to be plotted? In Data Series I can see where you can select for it to be plotted on panel 1, 2, 3 etc but where can you tell NT not to plot it at all?

Sorry if I am a bit slow or have over looked the blindingly obvious.
      Last edited by steve2222; 08-13-2012, 09:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hello,

You would use a added data series that is NOT plotted on the chart and is just in the background. To do this you would have to do custom programming with an multi series indicator.

You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

Multi Series NinjaScript programming Guide:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM