Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay

Hello,

When I connect to Market Replay, what is the next step to reload a session? What Should I do next?

Thanks

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your post.

You'll want to start by disconnecting from replay and downloading replay data for the instrument/date that you'd like to play back. Replay data downloads will go through the File > Utilities > Download Replay Data menu. More information about downloading data is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/set_up12.htm

After you've downloaded data, re-connect to Market Replay. Before clicking Play, right click in the replay control window and select Go To - advance to (for example) noon on the date you downloaded. At this point, click Play and you should begin to see data streaming.

More information about replaying data can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/replay.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just one more question, I am interested in copying and pasting historical data from NT to Excel, for example the prices of ES in a day or just a couple of hours.
      I know this can be done from NT but I don't know how, Can you help me please?

Thanks

Comment

Hello dvercher,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to export data from NinjaTrader to a text file. More information on this process is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../exporting.htm

Comment

For the Market replay, I downloaded with just L1 checked, when right click on replay window I see as available data two instruments I downloaded, I select one of them and then the play button but I just can see the time of the session but no graph of the instrument, is there anything I skipped? I followed your instructions.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Which instrument/date was downloaded?

Comment

Yesterday session of both TF and YM

Comment

Hi dvercher,

Thanks for clarifying.

Please start by downloading a new copy of yesterday's YM data via the File > Utilities > Download Replay Data menu. Please include both Level I and II data in the download.

After downloading, reconnect to replay - before playing, right click in the window and select Go To. Move to noon on the 13th, then click Play. Does data now stream?

Comment

Import historical data

HI,

My ninjatrader data feed is a trial with CQG.

I want to do a market replay for the past year, but it says it cannot download the data L1 that far back? Is this because I am a trial?

Can I download the data from the CQG platform my friend is using and import the data into my ninjatrader to use as a market replay?

Thanks. This is urgent!

Comment

Hello,

We allow all users, demo users included, access to all Market Replay data which we hold on the servers. If you receive the message you mentioned, data is not available at the server.

Historical data cannot be used as replay data, however if your friend has this Market Replay data downloaded you could transfer that data by backing up and restoring.
                    To backup: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm
                    To restore from a backup: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm

Comment

The data he has is not on ninjatrader, it is the historical data on this CQG charting software.

Can you please tell me the furtherest date that you hold on your servers? I want to run a market replay from the 1st July 2011 until the 1st July 2012 for 6E and CL products.

Thanks

Comment

Hello twitch,

Unfortunately, this historical data cannot be used to create replay data.

The total amount of data available on the servers varies by instrument. Unfortunately, there is not list of dates which are held on those servers.

Comment

Do you have a rough idea? Because it means I have to sit there and try each date one by one!

Can you download the data in a batch instead of each day?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the end date for either instrument is. I've tested up to 10/1/2011 thus far but have not yet found the start point for data.

Unfortunately, market replay data downloads cannot be batched. The downloads must occur on an instrument-by-instrument and date-by-date basis.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post GLFX005
                            by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                            2 responses