Vendor License Management and Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendor License Management and Dates

I am running into a few annoying issues with Vendor License Manager that I'm hoping for some direction on.

Problem #1: I created a new module and gave it a trial days of "7". When I add a new user I try and set the type as "free trial", I get an error message of, "You only can add regular licenses, but not free trial licenses."

So, because I can't get that to work, I just mark them as "regular" and set the dates from today to 7 days in the future, which will make it expire after a week, which is essentially a free trial.

Problem #2: After the trial, if they don't buy then I'm left with a lot of rows that are just cluttering the list. Is there anything I can do about that? I understand that I don't necessarily want to delete rows, since it could allow the user to have an unintentional lifetime access, correct?

Problem #3: Another issue, when I add "trial" users I give them a week (using the method described above), but when I add the row, then return to the Vendor License manager (or just hit "show" to refresh the list) the dates are subtracted by a day. In other words, the dates are not what I originally set them to be. Thus, the user actually only get a 6-day trial, when I am trying to give them 7-day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel

neoikon,

#1: Due to the nature of free trials, you will not need to manually create them from your end. If you have defined 7 days of free trial within the Vendor Licensing Manager for the specified Module, the 7 day trial period will automatically begin for the user upon import of the NinjaScript file.

#2: You are correct. You should NOT delete the license if you are trying to expire it. Instead you should update the expiration date to one in the past.

#3: In regards to this, I would be happy to assist if you send me an email to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put "Attn: Wesley" in the subject line.

Thank you and I hope that you find this helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_WesleyS View Post
      neoikon,

#1: Due to the nature of free trials, you will not need to manually create them from your end. If you have defined 7 days of free trial within the Vendor Licensing Manager for the specified Module, the 7 day trial period will automatically begin for the user upon import of the NinjaScript file.

#2: You are correct. You should NOT delete the license if you are trying to expire it. Instead you should update the expiration date to one in the past.

#3: In regards to this, I would be happy to assist if you send me an email to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put "Attn: Wesley" in the subject line.

Thank you and I hope that you find this helpful!

#1 Ahh, so if I set the module to have 7-days free trial, I don't have to create ANY entries (for those wishing to take a trial)? Those who download it will just automatically get 7 days. Nice.

#2 That's what I thought. Thank you. The fact that I don't have to keep creating trial users (#1), helps with the clutter issue too, which is good.

#3 Will do.

Daniel

Comment

neoikon, sometimes the automatic trial will fail if there is a duplicate machine ID issue. In that case you would still need to create a temporary license as you were. To help with clutter, I place the word Temp before the user name so they are all clumped together. If the user becomes a permanent user you can simply remove the 'Temp' and extend the end date.

Dan
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM