Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commissions not calculated on SuperDOM during live trades

Hello,

I have been racking my brain and going nuts trying to get the SuperDom to calculate my commissions while live trading. It works just fine during simulation mode.

I have checked "Apply commission to Pnl"
    I have changed the settings in the Instrument Manager and under Options->Commissions Tab

I use Amp Futures w/Zen-Fire. I have both NT6 and NT6.5beta installed and neither of them show up while trading live. My commissions show fine in the control center under "Executions" but I cannot seem to get it calculate in the SuperDOM.

Thanks,
    insomniac

ZEN live account PnL is provided by their servers and it does not include commissions.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So there is now way to have SuperDOM do the very simple calculations of commissions? If the calculations are being updated in real-time under Control Center->Accounts->Cash Value, then it should be a no brainer to show the correct calcs in the SuperDOM PnL.

Sorry I do not mean to rant, but Ninja Trader should be able to take the PnL provided by the Zen-Fire feed and when Flat easily subtract the commission charges.

insomniac

Comment

Thanks, I will take this as a suggestion as a possible future enhancement.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for listening

insomniac

Comment

I just executed my first live trades through the static superdom. Is there still no way to have commissions included in the profit and loss calculation of the superdom? It only works when in simulation. I trade through Mirus/Zenfire.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not available.

It is on the list of future considerations.
              Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry for having to bring it up again, but when you´re daytrading, commissions alone often decide whether you´re ending the day with positive or negative results, profit and loss without commissions in the superdom has about zero significance...and there don´t seem to be any other options for monitoring live results during trading.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concerns.

I will forward your note to development.

Enjoy your weekend.
                  Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ranger64 View Post
                    Sorry for having to bring it up again, but when you´re daytrading, commissions alone often decide whether you´re ending the day with positive or negative results, profit and loss without commissions in the superdom has about zero significance...and there don´t seem to be any other options for monitoring live results during trading.
                    I totally agree with you on this subject. As you can see, I was the original poster on this subject around 9 months ago and yet we still have no solution.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                    ZEN live account PnL is provided by their servers and it does not include commissions.
                    This is simple math, nothing complex about it. In fact, when the sim acct. works just fine when calculating commissions and providing a true PnL, why don't they have NT simply ignore the portion of the Zenfire feed that gives PnL and have the SuperDOM do the simple math just like it does in Sim mode.

Compared to other issues they deal with when updating NT, this seems to be an extremely easy fix that would make people very happy.

Just my 2 cents!

insomniac

Comment

+1. I thought I'd done something wrong in the settings. It 'sometimes' worked, and 'sometimes' didn't. I reset the database, cleared my historical data, repaired the database, and all this other mucking about because it was simply not clear that the superdom cannot calculate commissions with live trading. If only I'd known! And I've asked several times about it in the past... Oh well. I guess at the end of the day I'll just have to generate a report which, hopefully, factors in the commissions correctly.

Tis a shame.

Comment

I am using NT7 with CQG and cannot figure out how to get commissions factored into the SuperDOM PnL for live trading. Is it possible yet?

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

Hello,

The SuperDOM will report your PnL directly from CQG. When using CQG, your realized PnL will be excluded.

Click here for more information on Brokerage Account Balances

Unfortunately you will not be able to include your commissions on the SuperDOM or Accounts tab. However you should see the proper commissions calculated and displayed from your Account Performance report.
                          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes