Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM MA strategy

Hi
    I have a question about a moving average strategy.

1. I'm a beginner in ATM, what I understand is "cross above, cross below". What I like to do is when a moving average is changing direction enter a position. How can I do that?

thank you for a answer

regards
    michael

Hi Michael, you would then just use the Rising / Falling methods under the Misc section and compare on the right side a return of 'true' (also found under Misc). As input to those methods just supply the indicator value you wish to check.

For setups possible, please see this page in our helpguide dealing with the Condition Builder in detail - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_builder.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Michael, you would then just use the Rising / Falling methods under the Misc section and compare on the right side a return of 'true' (also found under Misc). As input to those methods just supply the indicator value you wish to check.

For setups possible, please see this page in our helpguide dealing with the Condition Builder in detail - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_builder.htm
      Thank you Bertrand

I have a problem do understand how I have to do that. In the Condition Builder helpguide under misc I can see only a Numeric value example.
      Can you be so kind and make a screenshot from the Condition Builder with a rissing MA, you would help me a lot.

thank you

Comment

Sure thing Michael, please see the attached one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Sure thing Michael, please see the attached one.
          Thank you so much

only 1 problem, what I have to change that when direction changes, for example from falling to rissing - enter long, it can go long only ones. Right now after it hits the LMT it goes long again. The idea is only 1 order per direction change

thank you
          michael

Comment

You are welcome - then you would want to implement a so called boolen flag / user variable in the wizard into your conditions - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=15417

So the script can only go long if the last trade was a short and vice versa.

Comment

Now I'm lost again

Comment

Have you checked into the reference sample provided? It explains the concept of using user variables in your conditions.

The basic idea is to set the variable for example to a value of 1 when you enter a long trade and then check for the value to be 1 when you enter your short - this way it would need to alternate to trigger any trades. It could not do a long after a previous long trade. Of course what you also need to add is a reset of the variables when you execute your entry.

Comment

I have checked out everything you send me, but actually I understand now less then before.

I searched in the forum again because I thought that somebody asked once the same and one of you maked a example, but I cant found that thread.

Comment

Hi Michael, please find attached an example using an EMA as decision indicator as courtesy. It exits then at either 10 tick stop or target limit.

Hope that helps,
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM