Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Crashing occationally... trying to track error

Hi there,

I am running NT 64B 7.0.0.1000.10 (live).
    I am probably not doing something very sensible since I am running strategies live against Interactive brokers, running back testing at the same time as developing and compiling new strategies/indicators.

But in any case I periodically get the following error which causes NT to crash entirely.
    I am not sure if it is a back test issue or an indicator/strategy I am developing that is causing the issue.

Can you help me track down what kind of error this might be related to?

The error is
    2012-08-15 10:58:09:778 (IQ) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='BWZ' from='2012-07-27' to='2012-08-15' period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session=''
    2012-08-15 10:58:09:864 in OnUnhandledApplicationException
    2012-08-15 10:58:09:871 in OnUnhandledApplicationException
    2012-08-15 10:58:09:873 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2012-08-15 10:58:09:873 Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2012-08-15 10:58:09:873 System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Contr ol caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.SynchronizeInvoke.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.AddBarsInWorker Thread(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback(Object state)
    2012-08-15 10:58:09:873 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2012-08-15 10:58:09:873 Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2012-08-15 10:58:09:873 System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at System.Data.SqlServerCe.NativeMethods.SafeRelease( IntPtr& ppUnknown)
    at System.Data.SqlServerCe.MetaData.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
    at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.Dispose(Bo olean disposing)
    at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeDataReader.Finalize()

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This means that there could be some write protection applied to the NinjaTrader 7 folder.
    1. Close NinjaTrader -> Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button--> Control Panel--> Appearance and Personalization--> and then clicking Folder Options.
    2. Click the View tab.
    3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.
    4. Next, locate the NinjaTrader 7 folder in the (My) Documents directory--> right click on this folder and select "Properties".
    5. From the Folder properties, ensure that the Attributes have both "Read-only" and "Hidden" unchecked.
    6. When prompted to Confirm Attribute Changes, please make sure to select "apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" and press OK.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Gerik
    by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    2 responses