License Server and Database Path Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Server and Database Path Error

My NT installation worked just fine until yesterday. (Installed on 64-bt Win7) Now when I run program it tells me that it cannot connect to license server and then gives an error that "unable to connect to database 'data source=". . .ninjatrader.sdf"' ObjectSpace: Connection String is Invalid - Eception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I have:
    1. Disabled firewall
    2. Reinstalled multiple times
    3. Deleted all instances of SQL anything from installed programs
    4. Reinstalled specifically compact sql ver 4
    5. Deleted all instances of NT and NT logs

Nothing else is out of sorts on my machine. I am posting from the computer now.
    Last edited by bredfiel1; 08-15-2012, 11:57 AM. Reason: OS Version

Hello bredfiel1,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    • Add and remove software/programs
    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please let me know and provide me with your phone number so that I may call you to further assist.a
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Updating to SQL compact 3.5 did solve that database path error. However I am still seeing the error message about connecting to license server and NT is still crashing but just with a general "This program has stopped working" error message.

I am happy to continue troubleshooting by forum or you may call me at
      Last edited by bredfiel1; 08-15-2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Hello bredfiel1,
        To assist you further can you please send your log and trace files to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
        • You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        • The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

• You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        • The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Just mailed you at support with log/trace files. It looks like some files aren't being created in the tmp directory. . .

Comment

Hello bredfiel1,
            This is to confirm I have received your email and have replied to it.

Comment

In your email you cited this error message:
              "2012-08-15 13:30:59:861 Cbi.Licence.Download10: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
              error CS2001: Source file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\jw8zeoim.0.cs' could not be found
              error CS2008: No inputs specified"
              And suggested this solution:
              If you remove all the indicators from your charts and then restart NinjaTrader can you run it smoothly.

However I am working with a brand-new install of NT. Within my NinjaTrader Folders I can go in to NT\bin\indicators and delete all of those, but the program just recreates them and still crashes. It is also still giving me the license server error on two separate internet connections.
              Solved!
              For reasons unknown to me I was no longer allowed access to the C:\windows\temp\ directory. I just opened up finder, navigated to the temp folder and said yes "gain access to this directory". I assume this was the source of the "unable to generate a temporary class" error listed above.
              Also
              The stock instructions that are being shared (in this thread and elsewhere) about repairing SQL Compact provide a link to "the latest version of SQL Compact" HOWEVER when the link is followed it takes you to SQL Compact 3.5. That is NOT the latest version. I could not solve the initial database error I had (at the top of this thread) with SQL Compact 4. The instructions should now specify to use the specific SQL Compact 3.5 version regardless of what is the latest unless support can verify SQL Compact 4 functionality--If you are running SQLC 4.0 or higher and think you should be good since you've got the latest version, you may consider removing and reinstalling w/ the legacy version NT Support specifically recommend.
              Last edited by bredfiel1; 08-16-2012, 08:22 AM. Reason: Solved My Problem

Comment

Hello bredfiel1,
                Thanks for your note and glad to know you could resolve it.

NinjaTrader 7 is built on .Net framework 3.5 and uses SQL 3.5.We plan to upgrade it in our next major release.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kempotrader  
                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes