Incorrect Loading of GC 12-12 Chart Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect Loading of GC 12-12 Chart Data

I recently changed my Gold Future chart from GC 8-12 to GC 12-12 but whilst opening the charts each day find that straight lines are drawn and the historical data not loaded into the chart.

Once loaded however the chart will show the current live price and update normally

Should I reload the chart then all data is again lost and reloaded as if hardly any trades took place at all for the past few hours. However the historical data does load up correctly from a few days previously if I scroll backwards through the chart.

I have also noticed a weird Time axis where the chart has 6 min interval markings instead of the usual 10 min markers and that the latest mark just shws todays date 18/6 anfd nothing after that until it starts to update the chart normally

This does not occur with other charts such as the ES 09-12 which loads normally and also updates normally

In summary then whenever I load the chart for GC 12-12 each morning on starting the software I get a chart that shows practically no contracts have been traded but which will trace normally from this point on starting from a marker that has todays date 16/8 but which previous to that has practically no contract trades being traced for several days.

Not sure I have explained this clearly but hope someone can help solve this weird chart behaviour

Have you updated your roll over date for GC 12-12? Please see the following thread and my response where a user reports similar behavior on this contract:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Many Thanks

This has cured the problem completely.

If I may ask will I have to do this everytime I change contracts for all instruments or is it just a one off or sporadic problem as I have never had to manually do this kind of thing in the past.

Comment

You should not need to do this every time. This was an oversight due to the 10-12 contract not trading, but will be corrected in a future version.

Comment

Well, I just downloaded and totally newly installed the newest and latest version of NT. The rollover date for GC 12-12 was still the old one and I had to fix it by hand per the instructions here.

Thought you should know as whatever message was given to whoever in NT does not seem to have arrived with the right person or was then overlooked.

sandman

Comment

Hello,

If you did an over the top upgrade, you would need to reset your instruments for the roll over date to update for the fix in R11 database.

To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes