ES Volume via IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES Volume via IB

Using IB as a datafeed, I've been comparing NT's reported volume on the ES to IB's charts and QuoteTracker's. The latter 2 agree quite well, but NT is often reporting half the volume, and at times even the relative values are very skewed. What's going on?

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NT and TWS are you using? You can check under Help--> About

Also what is the instrument you are looking at?

We work like a radio receiver and display what is provided. If we receive incorrect data, we will display it the way it comes in.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Perhaps these issues are related.

Regards,
      Guy
      TraderGuy
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EMS

Comment

Vincent,
        this is the latest version of NT and TWS, the instrument is ES 03 08, a 5 minute chart.

This morning the volume started out almost identical, but at 9:55 NT's volume dropped off noticeably, and by 10:05 NT has circa 30K, while IB has nearly 70K. 10:10 NT 24K, IB + 50K, etc.

Not that it should make such a difference, but am I right that NT uses reqMktData rather than reqRealTimeBars for its updates?

TraderGuy,
        thanks for that reference. It's possible it's a related problem, but bi9foot seems to be referring to smaller, if significant, discrepancies. The differences I'm seeing are enormous, and make any reliable use of volume virtually impossible.

Comment

Post below outlines the problem: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ghlight=volume

Comment

Yes, that's the same post TraderGuy referenced. But I'm seeing much greater differences - half of the volume showing up in NT vs QT or IB.

In the past I've also used Ensign and LinnSoft with IB's feed, and didn't see such discrepancies... I was just really starting to get into programming NT, too....

Comment

ES volume

Originally posted by palinuro View Post
              Using IB as a datafeed, I've been comparing NT's reported volume on the ES to IB's charts and QuoteTracker's. The latter 2 agree quite well, but NT is often reporting half the volume, and at times even the relative values are very skewed. What's going on?

I notice the same problem also. Ensign Windows shows the proper volume, but NT is about half.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred