Default Exit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Exit?

I am running a chart using an “improved” renko bar that I obtained from BigMikeTrading.com. against this bar type I am running a strategy I created in Strategy Wizard.

I am doing Optimization.

One of the drop downs in the OPTIMIZER under HISTORICAL FILL PROCESSING is FILL TYPE.

The DATA SERIES TYPE is the improved renko and under the FILL TYPE I have chosen DEFAULT for one run and IMPROVED RENKO for a second run of the optimizer.

I get vastly different results.

Can anyone please tell me how the Ninja OPTIMISER treats each of these different fill types, particularly theDEFAULT.

Thanks

momentom,

I believe you submitted a ticket to us with the same question, and I have responded. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

The two system fill algorithms are:

An algorithm that takes a conservative and more realistic approach to filling limit and stop limit orders.
    • Limit orders only fill if the limit price was penetrated
    • Limit orders are always filled at the limit price specified never better (for example, if a limit order is submitted on bar n, NinjaTrader will check if the order is filled on bar n+1, if this bar gaps down and the limit order was a buy, the order would be filled at the limit price and NOT the high of bar n+1)

Liberal
    An algorithm that takes a liberal approach to filling limit and stop limit orders.
    • Limit orders fill if the limit price was touched
    • On gap down bars, buy limit orders will fill at the high of the gap down bar
    • On gap up bars, sell limit orders will fill at the low of the gap up bar
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post inanazsocial  
    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
    5 responses