Text and Marker Anomaly - Wrong Trade Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of the week I look back at the trades I look in my live account and those I experimented with in SIM. Yesterday I noticed something strange that I can't account for in SIM. According to my chart of the CL 10-12 contract I showed entering a trade at 10:50 PST and exiting on my target. Now accordingly to the Text and Marker that is shown on the chart and the executions in the account it shows I went short at a price approximately 26 ticks higher than where the market was trading and exited some 20 ticks higher than it was trading. I've tried repairing the database and restarting NT but no difference. I've attached a jpg shot of the chart. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and found out why it is happen. Thanks in advance for any response !

Khellian
    Attached Files

khellian,

Is this the order located on the left hand side here?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, that is the trade that I'm referring to. You can see the prices which are shown as the entry and exit prices are not what the instrument is trading at.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please go to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> set the "Merge Policy" to "DoNotMerge".

Once completed, please restart NinjaTrader and reload the chart. Do you still see the executions off from the price data?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

When I tried this I saw that all the trades, including the trades that I had taken today wereoff. I returned it to Merge Back Adjusted and now everything appears to be correct. I am not sure what took place here - do you have any idea what may be the cause of this? Thanks

Comment

It's likely due to the merge policy as the 10-12 was not programmed to roll over until today.

If you wish to roll over to the 10-12 before we have set as per the CME product calender, you will need to change the roll over date for these contracts

You can do this by going to Tools--> Instrument Manager--> locate the instrument and select 'Edit'.

From the Instrument Editor, click on the Misc tab--> scroll down the the "Contract Months" section.

Click here for more information on Understanding the Misc tab > Contract Months

Please change the rollover date to the date you wish to roll over.

Once you have made this change, you can right click on your charted instrument and select 'reload all historical data'.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks ! I'll bear that in mind for the next roll over.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post terofs
              by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
              1 response
              0 likes