Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer and Renko Bars

Hello,

Most likely what I'd like to do is impossible, but thought I'd check. I went through the Manual example of crossing of two MAs which is similar to what I'd like except it's not actually crossing, but just if the Renko bar is above or below my substitute for MAs.

I'm using a ZLEMA and a LinReg Line. However, the example for crossing MAs only shows the choice of Minute charts.

What say you? Is what I'd like to do possible using Renko bars with the Market Analzyer?

Thank you,
    Sharon

Should have stated basically all I want is an alert when those crosses happen.
    Last edited by SharonSS; 08-19-2012, 07:57 PM.

Hello,

The market analyzer would not be able to compare two data series for a cross over condition.

If you would like to have an alert when price crosses above an indicator value, you will need to program a custom indicator to do this.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Would just using the rising/falling of say the LinReg work? Could I still use the Market Analyzer to do this? Or would just "Minute" show up? Could this be done with Renko bars? Or still only accomplished with doing a custom indicator?

I see from the Manual that Market Analyzer will let me make a Custom Indicator, but the question remains if I do this will I then be able to go through the Market Analyzer to set up the use of the Custom Indicator with Renko bars and not Minute bars? Even Price would work. ???

Thanks.
      Sharon
      Last edited by SharonSS; 08-20-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Hello Sharon,
        For a rising/falling (of another indicator) you have to custom code an indicator.

Yes, you can apply it on chart or Market Analyzer on any time frame.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Joydeep and Matthew! I'll go for working with the ZLEMA and LinReg indicators to make a Custom one and go on from there. I didn't want to be working on something that wouldn't work for the end result - an alert that works with Renko bars.

Renko bars can remain in one direction for hours so would be nice to have a sound alert rather than sitting in front of computer for all that time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby