Changing both instruments in one chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing both instruments in one chart

I have a chart with 2 panels and a different instrument in each panel. The top instrument can be changed easily by clicking on its name in the tool bar in the upper left corner. Was just wondering if there is a little trick to also change the instrument in panel 2 to another one.

sandman

Hello sandman,

You can left click on the data series in panel two to select it, then type the instrument name and press enter to change to the other instrument. For example, if you click on the data series in panel two then type AAPL and press enter, AAPL will then be charted in panel two.

Below is a link to the Working with Price Data section of our help guide. Please see the How to change a Data Series subsection for further information.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher. I read what you wrote and also the reference you included. There is something I am not getting.

You and also the reference from the HELP section mentions
      "...you can change a specific instrument by left mouse clicking to select it before typing."

I have enclosed an image of the 2 instruments in one window which I mean. The blue arrow points to the instrument name of Panel1 (6J in this case), and when I go there and change it, it will change Panel 1 into whatever I selected. That part is ok.

And I know that if I just push pretty much any keyboard button a tiny little window pops up named DataSeries. If I put a new instrument name in there, it changes but again it is the Panel1 instrument when what I want to change is the Panel 2 instrument.

Where and when do I have to "left mouse click to select" 6N (the instrument in Panel 2) which I want to change?

sandman
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello sandman,

You will need to click on the second data series. In the screenshot, you will want to click on the bars for 6N 09-12.

Comment

Christopher.

I don't get it yet when you talk about it it sounds so simple. Please bear with me. I clicked on a candle stick bar in that 2nd panel, and nothing happens. If I double click on a bar, the attached window opens. But I don't think that is what you had in mind (and I don't either because if I use that window it removes the instrument in the 2nd panel but also all the loaded indicators for that 2nd panel).

I can get alright to get it to open the little DataSeries Box as in the other attached image here. But somehow I always end up with it being for Panel 1 only.

Can you please retry and tell me where I am off?

sandman
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello sandman,

When you click once on the data series you should see black squares to let you know you have selected the data series. Once you see these, type on the chart to change the instruments. Since the second data series is selected, it will be the one that changes. Please see screenshot.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ah, I see! Why didn't you say so in the first place! Just kidding. I tried it out right away and it works smoothly. Thanks for your patience. Have a great day!

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi  
              Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
              1 response
              0 likes